Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted May 1st 2009 12:00PM by John Callaham

While there have been lots of hints and rumors about a PC release of Resident Evil 5, publisher Capcom has kept saying the survival horror game was only announced for the Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles. Until today, that is. In a new press release, Capcom has finally admitted that a PC port of their best selling game is in the works after all.

While Capcom is still keeping specific release dates on the down low, saying only it's coming " later in the year" they did say there will be online co-op support in the PC version. It will also support Nvidia's GeForce 3D Vision glasses giving gamers who want that sort of thing a way to play the game with 3D effects.

Resident Evil 5 finally confirmed for PC release

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
RE:5 sucked anyway, a pc port won't change that.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If it's the same quality as the DMC4 port. I'll be impressed.

More unlikely it will be the group that converted DMC3 / Resident Evil 4.

Still I'll be buying it. I've played the PS3 version but there's always the nagging felling I'll enjoy it better on the PC.... :)

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
And let us all take a moment to remember the failness of the RE4 PC port!:lol:
Actually RE4 PC is the best RE4 ever, if you use the unnoficial patches released by the fans, that is. It implements Gamecube textures and the best lighting and blur effects ever and high res movie scenes =p.

Anyway.. Let's watch this on this here thread, because this guy rocks:

Hell, a lot this....

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
Yupp i loved this game for 360, me and my roomate play it all the time

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I'm rather burned out on Resident Evil at the moment, I plan on buying Left 4 Dead tomorrow night before it goes off the $23.99 sale, but I hope Resident Evil fans will support the PC version if it is as good as Devil May Cry 4.

I am getting Street Fighter IV though, I only owe $5 on it and will pick it up July 1st. So I am supporting "Some" Capcom PC games, and new at that, NOT USED! IIRC my Devil May Cry 4 was even new....but off EBAY....

·
Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
Well, if Capcom themselves do this port, they'll be adding mouse support for sure. And the port WILL be good(as they have proven with DMC4 that they CAN do it).

With that, and the possibility of looking better than the X360/PS3 version, no doubt the game will be better. Will it be worth getting, though?

I don't know. I don't have a 360 or PS3 to begin with, and don't like RE either. So meh. :p

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good point. I never played RE5 as well. But.. It's always good to have options. At least we can see it on PC. I think all games should be released on consoles and on PC too. Excluding Wii games of course. Wii is a platform of it's own.

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
Actually RE4 PC is the best RE4 ever, if you use the unnoficial patches released by the fans, that is. It implements Gamecube textures and the best lighting and blur effects ever and high res movie scenes =p.
Yeah, but notice the emphasis on the word "unofficial", the original port still sucks... Its just that the fans actually made it playable... And I still hate the fact that you can't aim with your f****g mouse!

Besides, I'm one of the few that didn't like how they turned it into action game, and as RE5 follows on the crappy path I don't like it either... I still think RE2 is the best of them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.