Next Generation Emulation banner

Nothing on FF10 PC!

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Trunks213 
#1 ·
**Hopefully I'm mistaken!**

I havent heard anything about a FFX PC. Only PS2. The only FF that is going to be on PC is FFXI, which won't be out for awhile, and its gonna be online. I read all this from this website:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2781619,00.html

The article hasn't mentioned anything about an FF10 PC port. Hopefully Square will consider it, cuz the game looks very promising!

#6 ·
Originally posted by Zell
Not Again !!!!! FF X WILL HAVE A PLACE ON PC ALREADY CONFIRMED BY SQUARE AT E3 THIS YEAR SO PLAESE DON'T MAKE TREADS LIKE THIS AND BE PATIENT OR BUY A PS2
Pretty sure they confirmed FFXI to be on PC! Because its online! They haven't mentioned one bit about FFX. Im pretty sure I won't be getting a PS2 anytime soon since Square has decided to go multi platform.

#9 ·
Hmm, i remember reading somewhere that after FFX, Square are porting FFX, FFXI etc to the XBox and Gamecube as well as the PS2...
I could be wrong, but i can't remember where i read it and i'm pretty sure it was a reliable source.

I'll post a link to the story when i find it again.

BOB

#10 ·
Originally posted by BOB
Hmm, i remember reading somewhere that after FFX, Square are porting FFX, FFXI etc to the XBox and Gamecube as well as the PS2...
I could be wrong, but i can't remember where i read it and i'm pretty sure it was a reliable source.

I'll post a link to the story when i find it again.

BOB
Port to GameCube???
Hard to believe for me.........................
After Square port FF7 to PS not N64
I never seen any new games from square for any nintendo system...................
Anyway look at FF4-6 remake version on handle case..............

G
#16 ·
From what i have heard, Nintendo is very very displeased w/Square right now. Why, I don't know. But I wouldn't be looking for anything on Game Cube or GBA (yes, Square wanted to port some older FFs to that system but the Big "N" wouldn't even talk to them) from Square for a while, if ever. Who knows what Nintendo's beef with them is.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

#17 ·
Well,it's not Nontendo who is didspleased,but only its president,Hirauchi Yamauchi,he's someone very very very special.
But,if you've been followigng Nintendo for a while you should know that everything he says isn't always true and can change in no time,I think that he WILL change his opinion,cause if he doesn't he's gonna get his ass kicked by Myamoto San and all the other people involved in the direction of Nintendo.

#19 ·
Honestly, though I'm a big fan of the FF series, I won't buy FFX if it's ported to the PC. Neither am I interested in buying a PS2. I guess it simply means I won't be getting FFX or XI, because Square messed up so badly with FF7 & 8 on PC. The only real hope I have is that maybe in a decade a PS2 emu is released, THEN I may consider it. Not before then, tho

#22 ·
Originally posted by BOB
I think another company actually did the pc ports of Final Fantasy 7 & 8, not Square themselves.
Blame the company that did the ports, not Square.

BOB
I still think that Square is the one to blame. If Square people are smart, I think they wouldn't have to trust some untrusted company (Eidos - c'mon, the only good thing from Eidos are Commandos, and Tomb Raider - other sucks). So Square is to blame, why not themselves who did the port?

Seriously, anyone here know code to Pentagon/Saddam Husein's SCUD control centre? I would love to get rid those pesky Square people from this Earth:cool:

#23 ·
Nintendo has a reason to dislike squaresoft... It was all around the time of the atri, Squaresoft was trying to make games, but atri nor anyone else would allow them to publish thier games...

Along came nintendo's warm and loving hands, and granted square the abiltiy to publish thier games. Soon, with nintendo's help (monitary and more), squaresoft flurished to a great gaming company that focaused on RPGs, the highest selling catagory of games in japan.

As the years raged on, and squaresoft releasing game after game (mostly in japan), squaresoft became close partners with thier soul supporter.

But this is where it gets ugly. Soon after the Sony Playstation was released, the owners/programmers of squaresoft got greedy. Behind nintendos back, Squaresoft cut a deal with sony for $30 million dollars to publish Final Fantasy 7 exclusively on the Playstation. And the rest is history.

Now do you understand why nintendo is bitter? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

But there were a few other bumps that nintendo made, such as slow porting of the Final fantasy series to the americas (mostly due to the low sells of RPGs in 1990's here).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.