Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just discovered pcsx2 a started playing FF12, configured according to ofic websites. Everything works great, but fps about 30-40, videos even lower, so I tried speed hacks and they just dont work (well when i runned 2x or 3x speed hack, videos started to make problems :) ). I tried to find solution via this forum, google, friends, new pcsx beta, but nothing helped, doesnt someone know what is wrong?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you probably, and most likely just lack a computer capable of it.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
30 - 40 fps with a 2GHz C2D? That sounds about right.

You might want to try out one of the latest SVN releases as they have additional speedhacks.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Well I think that my nb (Intel Core2 Duo Processor T7300 (4MB L2 Cache, 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB), 2GB (1/1) DDR2 667 SDRAM) NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics,) shouldnt be so low
Make sure you use 1024x1024 or lower for internal resolution. You might be able to go higher on some games, but my old GeForce 8600 GTS OC liked no higher 1280x960 or so. At the least, this will take the GPU out of the equation as the bottleneck.

The bottleneck is the CPU. It's a decent CPU, but 2GHz is slow, pretty darn slow if you don't count speed hacks, by PCSX2's standards.

Keep the internal resolution down, and use speed hacks. What you get with that is the best you're going to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.