Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Guyver2K5 said:
http://www.chrono-trigger.com/

Another gr8 chrono trigger remake project got a Cease and Desist letter....

this sucks :(
NOooooooooo, I loved Chrono trigger, maby their givving out so many Cease and Desist letters because they plan on remaking it themselves...

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
> "Final Fantasy X-4: The search for more money..."

....that's the subtitle of Spaceballs 2

It's Square's intellectual property. If they want to protect it, that's their choice.
If you made a comic and then someone plagurised it for thier own comic, even with references back to you, you may want to protect your characters.

·
Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
Yes it is. I understand it's their own, but the thing is, it in no way would harm them onless they are planning on making it themselfs (which I doubt). If I recall square let the other project go till it was about to be release then all the suddent said it was wrong (I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think Square didn't have a probelm with it at first...can't remember though). I'm just sick of the lack of everything with square anymore and just want to play a classic in a updated form...that's free....heh heh

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
It may be that they don't take notice of projects starting as 99 times out of 100, these projects self destruct early on anyway. For all we know some of them may have created an ekaf cease and desist in order to cover up an embarasing team breakup.
As for why they are doing this? Square released CT in the porting session on the PSX, and these were IIRC rereleased around the release of FFX. While something is still buyable and usable on a current platform, I expect Square don't want people getting a remake and not paying them for it.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,493 Posts
everyone knows that the PS1 release of the game was an imbarracement to the original SNES. Loading times for battles sucked. the movies were alright but not necessary.. Square has dropped the ball several times to make nice with fans. Square isn't a kindly rockstar that appreciates it when people make kickass versions of their kickass songs, they are a corporation. Corporations care about two things.. The numbers on Wallstreet and their profit Numbers which directly affect their numbers on Wallstreet. If anything comes between them and those numbers it gets destroyed... Wether it be an employee, a fan remake, MIDI versions of their songs. They will destroy everything it can if it remotely hurts their numbers in the slightest way.

Kane said:
It may be that they don't take notice of projects starting as 99 times out of 100, these projects self destruct early on anyway. For all we know some of them may have created an ekaf cease and desist in order to cover up an embarasing team breakup.
As for why they are doing this? Square released CT in the porting session on the PSX, and these were IIRC rereleased around the release of FFX. While something is still buyable and usable on a current platform, I expect Square don't want people getting a remake and not paying them for it.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Boltzmann said:
Never forget that big companies never really care about their fans...
Except when they want em to pay for a new game :rolleyes:

That's business I guess :(

·
Retired
8,889 Posts
Seta-San’s assessment is right this time. Companies work just like this. And the nature of the Free Markets makes companies who are too idealistic to go bankrupt sooner or later (it’s the law of the jungle out there; I know this both academically and through real life experience).

And customers are just numbers to these companies. Ever heard about a Balanced Scorecard? It actually assigns a numerical value to customer measurements. It’s a useful tool for increasing your Wall Street numbers, as Seta-San puts it.

·
Nu...
472 Posts
Well Square hasn't produced much worth playing since the SNES era so I'm not surprised. Square was at one time my favorite company. Currently however it wouldn't make top 10.

·
Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
Pretty much after FF8 I didn't care to much, ff9 and 10 made up for what 8 did to me, but ignoring the final fantasy games their other games in this era really aren't to great. I mean sure some are good here and there but most of the time it's just a copy or something else that is popular with final fantasy charators...

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
OH NO!!!! WTF is wrong with Square!? Im 100% sure they KNOW what this does to their fans. They are turning down TRIBUTES, AND ACTS OF RESPECT to once-so-great companies from fans, and possibly threat legal actions... :mad:

Thats it, from now on i belong to boycott Square group...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Note to anyone who wants to do this sort of thing: Don't make a web page dedicated to it, don't talk about it - until its done. Then don't even take credit for it, just spread it around to some friends, it will find its way around on the net. With noone to go after they can't make anybody cease & Desist :p.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.