Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi need help here

I'm using no$gba 2.6a with the no$zoomer 2.3.0.1(eng) the battles go well no lags but it freezes when I open the menu or enter the shop.

Anyone else having similar problems if not could you tell me what to change in the options to make it work.

Thank you :)

·
Tyrant
555 Posts
@Ryusaizo
You really don't know what you are talking about.
EX5 can cause serious trouble when saving (and does so in many games).

@xnukexx
Simply turn on EX0 and nothing else and you are fine to go.
The same as with Avalon Code.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
That's strange, i'm using no$gba 2.6a with the no$zoomer 2.3.0.1 and that EXTRA option isn't on mine.
You are using 2.3.0.1, and the latest version is 2.3.0.2, which explains why you don't have that option available. I can't blame you for not knowing this, since none of the replies mention to use 2.3.0.2. >_>

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are using 2.3.0.1, and the latest version is 2.3.0.2, which explains why you don't have that option available. I can't blame you for not knowing this, since none of the replies mention to use 2.3.0.2. >_>
Thank you very much for your reply.

EDIT - I just had a look around and can't seem to find it on here,
has it been posted on this forum yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree I do not know what I am talking about, but that is what works for mine. I would appreciate it if you would not be so rude. Seeing as there is no explanations of what any of the Ex options do, if you can be so kind as to inform people of what they do instead of slinging out the 'You're and idiot' lines.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I agree I do not know what I am talking about, but that is what works for mine. I would appreciate it if you would not be so rude. Seeing as there is no explanations of what any of the Ex options do, if you can be so kind as to inform people of what they do instead of slinging out the 'You're and idiot' lines.
It's generally a good idea to start with all EXs on (if off doesn't work) and generally work yourself towards those options that actually improve the game. The others might not affect anything in that particular game, but they might just cause errors somewhere further down the line.
Basically, as many as needed, as few as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well at least that is helpful in a sense, but does anyone know what these EX's do? From basic information from Avalon code and Nostalgia, EX0 removes the problem with none refreshing text on a screen.

Thanks Smilley. Also sorry for my wee outburst I do not take kindly to being rudely talked to without some sort of full explanation of WHY I was wrong.

·
Tyrant
555 Posts
...does anyone know what these EX's do?
Only the developer of No$Zoomer knows for sure and his readme for No$Zoomer is in plain japanese.
All info about the EX options available is mostly guesswork done by several people here in the forum.

From basic information from Avalon code and Nostalgia, EX0 removes the problem with none refreshing text on a screen.
And it enables otherwise hidden gfx like in Nostalgia (eg. Options menu).

Also sorry for my wee outburst I do not take kindly to being rudely talked to without some sort of full explanation of WHY I was wrong.
Not only do you simply push out totally false info which can ruin someones hardly worked on savegame (what I've explained in my post above already), you are also:
- not able to do a propper search in this forum (which would have given you a lot of valuable info about No$Zoomer and the EX options)
- not able to read properly what someone else told you about your wrong info
- starting to whine about someone correcting you
- assuming that someone calls you an "idiot" by just telling you that you are totally wrong (and you are definately totally wrong:))

You tell to enable 5 out of 5 possible options (1 of them not suited for most games and possibly corrupting the savegame) whereas only 1 has an impact at all for this game.

Calm down... read my above post again... do a search for No$Zoomer in this forum... think about what you have told a poor guy asking for propper advice and assuming what he was told by you was correct.

Sincerely the guy who just told you that your advice was totally wrong.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
EX5 is additional frameskipping for 2D games, it causes 3D slowdown though.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Do you have version 2.6a of NO$GBA?
And make sure that you've downloaded NO$Zoomer 2.3.0.2 from Squall's thread. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah im postive and I have that too still no luck with it

Edit: I re-downloaded the No$zoomer from squalls thread and downloaded 2.6a on the homepage of this site so now when I start up the zoomer and this game EX0 is selected.. but I cant select any of the other EX's it just stays with EX0 check marked and i cant deselect it lol and I still get the same problem when I open the menu it freezes

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
What you did download was the last publicly available version of No$GBA, namely 2.6. 2.6a was reserved for donators, but since donations have been down for some time, that version is unavailable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.