Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the nomination thread of NGEmu's awards, 2005. This year, the admins and mods decided that the awards, since they are an event for the members, they should be managed by the members. As such, we would like to thank the staff team for giving us, the 2005 awards committe, this opportunity to organize this year's event.

Members of NGEmu, we hope that you find this event most enjoyable, and well, let the fun start :)

This year's cathegories will be as follow

Thread of the Year
Gentleman of the Year
Signature of the Year
Reporter of the Year
Member of the Year
Nutter of the Year
Fanboy of the Year
Forum of the Year
Post of the Year
IRC'er of the year

Just some clarifications. For this nomination thread we are considering people's artistic work as a whole for the signature and avatar awards. Latter on the voting the nominees will be competing with a single work.

A) "Thread of the year" would be for the threads that are unique or can't be forgotten either for their good quality or extraordinary hillarious content.

B) "Gentleman of the year" is a category that will award those members who through the year have demonstrated to be most educated, tolerating, and in general someone nice to talk with :) (Notice that this one includes both Admins/mods and normal members.)

C) "Signature of the year" as always cares for the best signature in terms of artistic touch, originality or unusual content.

D) "Avatar of the Year" is the same as above, but this time it's about avatars ^_^

E) For "Reporter of the year" you are allowed to nominate newsposters, news contributors and in general anyone who posts news all together.

F) "Member of the year" and as every year this is the most hot award. Vote for your favourite members. This one is hard since many deserve it really. To make it easy, vote for the one who you think have added alot to the place.

G) Then we have "Nutter of the year", which is self explainatory ;) . Vote for the member full of surprises, good of sense of humour and goes around wearing his clown suit :D .

H) "Fanboy of the year" is where you choose that member who can't just stop talking about X game or Y movie or even Z stuff. This one is kinda hard too, since most of us here have his fanboysim part.

I) Then we have "Forum of the year", which is a new category for this year. It's not about which forum you post more in, it's about which one you really enjoy posting in.

J) Continuing with the new cathegories, we have post of the year. This title is pretty staight forward. Nominate (with a link :)) those posts that you think are worthy enough of being remembered by all.

K) And now we have a cathegory that has been due a long time. Doing honor to our #ngemu channel, this award is for those that still have more time to lose.. err... spend after visiting the forums, and even do so with passion and quality (or something like that...)

PS: Edit this thread and add nominations to their respective awards.
//delete later: no use to post admins and mods here since all of them will be in the votations anyway anyway

EDIT1(Proto) : Added an introduction and clarified some awards.
Edit2(cloudvii) : Added explaination for all categories + fixed some grammar and vb code.
EDIT3(Proto): Added two more cathegories. Descriptions pending.
EDIT4(Proto): Added the descriptions , edit as you see fit.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
we should create a public thread for this too....our choices won't be like last year, but doing nominations in private will still make it seem "fixed" to some people

...best one of the awards members do this....probably put a copy in Site Discussion or Announcements

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
fireblaster_lyz said:
G) Then we have "Nutter of the year", which is self explainatory ;) . Vote for the member full of surprises, good of sense of humour and goes around wearing his clown suit :D .
I can’t think of anyone who acted that crazy this year… that we didn’t ban at least ;)

*edit*

Eface?

And finally we have "Forum of the year", which is a new category for this year. It's not about which forum you post more in, it's about which one you really enjoy posting in.
Game Discussion was not as active this year. at least As Open Discussion was. The PCSX2 section was... its usual self. Overall I think I had the most enjoyment in Game Discussion.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Kirby said:
we should create a public thread for this too....our choices won't be like last year, but doing nominations in private will still make it seem "fixed" to some people

...best one of the awards members do this....probably put a copy in Site Discussion or Announcements
isnt this a rough draft? well anyway when it's done, someone has to go put it up. also, it should be an announcement (the kind that shows up at the top of every forum).

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
cloudvii said:
Same choice here.

So, what are we waiting for ^_^? We can't make an anouncment ourselves, so it'll be admins/mods task to do it.
don't hear him! This isn't ready for being posted. (it has to be aproved by at least 4 committe members :p) And we have to delete all these posts anyway, so stop posting here and head to teh sticky

and remember, the first ones to vote must be regular members, not us or staff members. :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Proto said:
And we have to delete all these posts anyway, so stop posting here and head to teh sticky
sorry, i forgot to disagree with you in the other thread...but no one listened to you, and at this rate it's gonna be a huuuuge hassle to delete all the posts and move it. just make a new thread that the public can see, dont worry about it ;)

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
hushypushy said:
isnt this a rough draft? well anyway when it's done, someone has to go put it up. also, it should be an announcement (the kind that shows up at the top of every forum).
If you wanna do it that way....

What I was saying was to do the nominations in a public thread....that way, public nominations can also be accepted too....

but if you we're planning to make a rough draft in private, and post the draft in public, so they can voice their opinions, then I guess that's a good idea too :)

·
7,168 Posts
So I guess that, unless the other members have something to say we are set with this draft. What we could do is opening a last call for cathegories suggestion to the general public. If no one has nothing to say for two, three days we could make the nomination thread public.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Well, If anyone thinks it's not ready yet, we can wait abit and reedit it. Else I think it's ready.

What we could do is opening a last call for cathegories suggestion to the general public. If no one has nothing to say for two, three days we could make the nomination thread public.
That's a good idea, but there's a probability we would get many suggestions that have to be discussed again. Anyway, I'm satisfied with any option done. (Posting it now or waiting)

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Proto said:
I'd be surprised if we get more than two suggestions though :p
you should create another thread though....one thing most people do not like to do is read through a thread :p

·
7,168 Posts
Hmm... I wanted to avoid creating another thread but it seems it'll be necessary... aw well..

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
It's called copy/paste :p

·
7,168 Posts
No, it's not that. It's just that I don't like creating unnecessary threads when there is an existing one that could work, but I guess that I didn't factor in the average member laziness ^_^;

I'll let it run for another day though, unless another of the committee members wants to go ahead and create it (*hint hint* )

·
7,168 Posts
ok, we finally got some feedback... I should have created that new thread from the start...

praful said:
IRC Freak of the year 2005
zman982 said:
Quote/Post of the Year 2005
Desktop of the Year 2005 (Only thing I have a chance at )
Artist of the Year 2005
Member Picture of the Year 2005
the comment I did on that thread about zman's ideas:

Proto said:
Hmm... the only problem I see with thread of the year and artist of the year is that they are too bound-specific to a single thread, instead of being related to the whole board...
Although I think Praful's suggestion could work, I still need it is a little too bound specific... aw well.

Post of the year could work if each member gives us the link to the page of that post so we can see a little of the context there, and put it in the general compilation thread

So for me

post of the year: thumbs up
IRC'er of the year: thumbs up

everything else doesn't cover EMUforums as a whole. Now get to vote. We have to get the nomination thread out before Monday (for the nomination thread to last 1-2 weeks, and the final votes another 2 weeks) . We will decide with only the members that vote till then, so hurry

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
1)Post of the year is a very good idea. But can we sum up all good posts?
2)IRC'er of the year maybe not a good one because not everyone enters Irc at all. That doesn't mean I'm against it. Btw, how can we judge the IRC'er? on what basis I mean?
3) Instead of quoting you could've linked the thread ;)

Results :
A) Post of the year : Positive ^_^
B) IRC'er of the year : Neutral (means that it's not bad, yet it's not so suitable for an award)

·
7,168 Posts
3) Instead of quoting you could've linked the thread
I just wanted to be specific on which points we will be discussing, instead of disgressing all over again

But can we sum up all good posts?
well that's what nominations are for ^_^;

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.