Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the noisiest consoles you had?
Here's my top 3:

3) PS4 Pro whenever running a demanding game. At one point in Shenmue 3 I thought I heard noise of raining only for it to be the PS4 itself and not the game. Shenmue 3 is demanding on the PS4 Pro because it runs in a very high resolution at all times.

2) Xbox 360 for being always loud all the time

1) The Sega Dreamcast, not because of its fan but for having the loudest optical drive ever.

·
Administrator
15,433 Posts
PS3 and PS3 Slim got very loud.

Wii U had an annoying fan hum and when using physical games the disc drive always spins and is annoying.

Fat Ps2 with hdd the fan goes full speed.

PS4 Pro revision 3 fixed the fan curve and noise but now you hear massive coil whine that the fan noise used to overpower.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I had a ps3 slim very briefly, it made a constant noise which was weird (well, it didn't last long anyway). The superslim didn't make as much noise.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,390 Posts
My PS3 actually overheats and dies on occasions. I am incredibly worried for the PS5.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I don't think my XBOX 360 slim was loud...

My PC is vewwy vewwy quiet... No I'm hunting wabbits...they took my gun...

:p

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, PS5 seems ridiculously big, so let's hope it will at least be very silent.

@Paratech I think (hope) the 360 slim fixed the noise issue. I had the original, just the first revision (Jasper) that wasn't guaranteed to RROD.

My pc isn't very quiet, I'm just used to it.
The Xbox One S is rather silent. I hardly ever notice the thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts