·
Banned
23,263 Posts
2010 is an improvement over 2009

and either is better then Nod4

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
I say neither, free AV is usually better besides why would you want to pay for AV (unless you crack it, but you're not gonna do that right? ;))

I've tried both before.....
Nod32 let a lot of things through and doesn't detect anything well at all
KAV still thrashes hdds to death or kills off partitions

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Kaspersky ain't that expensive and it doesn't trash my HDD at all with it on or off no difference at least on this build :p as for nod meah from 3.0 it ain't what it used to be.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
unless you count excessive memory, cpu and resource use in the latest version.

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
For what i've tried Kaspersky 2010 is definite improvement over the last iteration, feel lighter and the UI is nice too... I'm not sure bout NOD though, last time i tried was version 2.7 xD
that said, i still prefer using Microsoft Security Essential or Avira >.>

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
KS 2010 is the king of beast!

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
NOD's suite (speciafically, non-AV protection) is still a joke, though less than before, and in that category, Kaspersky passes with flying colors, for home users.
The antiviruses themselves are pretty much same in efficiency. Eset's been losing ground with its increasing focus on a lousy suite. The KAV "incompatibility" with some other highprofile security softwares is a bummer.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I have yet to have one of my clients pronounce Kaspersky correctly. They all call it "Casper Sky"
its Kas-Pur-Skii right?

thats how ive always pronounced it.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
I've been using ESET Snart Security for 2 years now and have had only one major virus attack and zero network attacks even though I'm on a public LAN network 24/7. I tried Kaspersky for a few days in between, but it was just TOO buggy, even on automatic mode it would ask permissions for EVERYTHING.

unless you count excessive memory, cpu and resource use in the latest version.
Where? egui.exe and ekrn.exe barely take a combined 50MB of RAM for me most of the time.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
If its about free antiviruses then i'll take avast over avira, good protection no annoying notifications to buy the professional edition that can exit you from fullscreen apps and a good innovation the ability to delete/clean an infected file at system boot up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.