Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do realize that the option to get rid of sound 'causes the game to freeze, I've had this problem recently and I've seen the FAQs.

I am an avid music listener; if I'm on the computer, there's music playing.
Same goes for when I'm playing games on the computer; I still listen to the music--helps me concentrate you could say.

So the game I've been playing lately is Pokemon Platinum, and I completely despise the sound on the game; it's just completely and utterly annoying IMO.

But seeing as when I disable the sound, I encounter a battle and win or even lose, the game freezes. The options are still functional and such, but as I turn the sound back on, the entire program crashes.

So, I've been rambling, but basically what I want to know is,
is there ANY way to disable the sound on the game/program, without it freezing like a piece of **** CD player?

Thanks and +rep (if possible) for all helpful posts. : )

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Use NO$Zoomer 2.3.0.2., it have a feature to get down the volume of the emulator sound. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, what lex_light said will probably help you with your issue.

It's under Options tab > volume. Just select 0% and no more crashes for you.
search the forum and you'll find it in no time.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Another option is if you have Windows Vista or 7 then you can indendantly control the volume of every app so you could just mute no$gba. You get into the mixer by clicking the volume icon next the clock on your taskbar in Windows and in Vista at least below the volume bar there's button to open the mixer. Note only Windows Vista and 7 have this, XP does NOT.

Also note that your only options are using either the method described above or using No$Zoomer as mentioned already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all of the above posters for recommending NoCashZoomer to me. It works fantastically.

@Schumi; yes, I'm aware of that capability. Though I am an XP user, so no app. volume for me! x ) Thanks anyways though.

If only I could +rep you all! ; (

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You're welcome. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.