Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing really hates me.

So, straight to the point: Reinstalled my system, updated drivers, updated directx, installed visual basic, disabled firewall. Windows xp 32bit home edition.

No$zoomer won't start. No$gba does, but no$zoomer just won't. No idea why, it did work before reinstalling, and I feel I'm missing something, just no idea what.

Windows XP, check. Directx up-to-date, check. VB installed, check. Firewall disabled - check.

What's wrong?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disabled both the firewall and the antivirus, still nothing oO;
Well, I downloaded it again as soon as I reinstalled, just in case (the 2.3.0.2 version from the sticky). And what happens is basically nothing - neither the zoomer nor the no$gba itself start when I click the no$zoomer icon.
Sometimes the no$gba procese appears in the task manager, though oO

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
I assume no$gba and No$Zoomer have both been extracted to the same folder?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
install VC6, VC2005SP1 and VC2008SP1 Runtimes.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still nothing, although I'm not sure VC6 installed correctly, after unpacking the self-extracting file, I've noticed the creation dates and sizes of the .dlls in the archive and in my system32 folder are not the same, can't replace them manually though because they're "being used by another process"

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
may need a restart after installing those packs

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I said, not sure if they're properly installed (reset did nothing). The vc6 itself didn't bring up any installation window (just extraction window, and I'm talking about the extracted file already), the 2005sp1 seemed to install, while 2008 is fine and installed, and the install window just shows repair/uninstall.
And no$zoomer still won't work >_<

· Banned
35,081 Posts
disable DEP entirely, or,... install the latest Dx, or..... um..... yeah thats all...

· Registered
140 Posts
I have this problem and I have to tell you that I coulnd´t find a solution.
Everytime you want to use No$Zoomer you will have to replace the "attach.dll" file with another copy of it.

I don´t know why this tool everytime you use it, change something in the "attach.dll"... so, in order to run it again, you will have to replace it with a "non used" attach.dll file.

I attach my "non used" copy of the file. Try it... and see what happened.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
nothing changes >.< your system is just retarded.

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
If the problem is about changes in a certain file, try to set it read-only (rightclick->Properties->General tab).

· Registered
22 Posts
No$zoomer used to work perfectly until my computer got a virus...
long story short,i deleted a lot of stuff in the system and since then its not working anymore...
its software related issue,i wish i remember what i deleted but a fresh install of windows will solve it,i hope :/

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, I did basically every single step again and still, it doesn't want to run. I must be lacking a dll or something, as ngzoom works while no$zoomer doesn't.

If nobody else has any idea what to do, I think I'll just give up.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.