Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm attempting to play a game after a very long time. And I'm getting this error message:

nowglerror.png

What do I do? What did I do wrong?

PS. I'm not very savvy about computers in general. As far as I know, these things are operated by little fairies. Please do use small words and explain the obvious even if it's painfully obvious.

·
Registered
311 Posts
if your installation is original, downloaded directly from the official website.
ePSXe, Config, Plugins, Video, Pete's OpenGL2..., Render Mode: change it.

or you may be interested in the ePSXe Safe Guide:

cheers!

·
Not a Registered User
1,303 Posts
So...I'm attempting to play a game after a very long time. And I'm getting this error message:

View attachment 201395

What do I do? What did I do wrong?

PS. I'm not very savvy about computers in general. As far as I know, these things are operated by little fairies. Please do use small words and explain the obvious even if it's painfully obvious.
The question is, what you're running ePSXe on? What's your specs?
That message means that your graphic card doesn't properly support opengl2 or lacks drivers for it.
Use GPUcore instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The question is, what you're running ePSXe on? What's your specs?
That message means that your graphic card doesn't properly support opengl2 or lacks drivers for it.
Use GPUcore instead.
I'm running it on a computer, Windows 8.1. My graphics card is apparently a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Also, I switched to GPUcore, and the WGL error did stop - but the games still won't run. I just get a blank, silent screen on the emulator.

·
Not a Registered User
1,303 Posts
I'm running it on a computer, Windows 8.1. My graphics card is apparently a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Also, I switched to GPUcore, and the WGL error did stop - but the games still won't run. I just get a blank, silent screen on the emulator.
Well there's your first problem your PC doesn't have drivers installed for your graphic card, you may want to sort that or have someone sort it.
Without knowing your PC or it's specs we can't help with that

As for the black screen, make that under options CPU overclocking is set to 1x.
Make sure you have a BIOS file in the BIOS folder and that it's selected in ePSXe, in the same BIOS settings disable HLE emulation.

Lastly make sure the gene you're trying to run is in proper format, bin/cue, IMG/SUB/CCD or other.

For more details refer to the guides posted by ofernandofilo.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm running it on a computer, Windows 8.1. My graphics card is apparently a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".
yes, it really looks like you are without the video driver installed.

if your video card is integrated into the processor or motherboard, just go to the manufacturer's motherboard website and look for drivers.

if not, if it is a discrete video card, then, look on the official gpu website.

HWiNFO (free) can help you find the name of your hardware.

(AIDA64 is a better software, but it is paid!)

if you really don't know how to do it, ask a friend for help, via remote access, like the discord program, or hire a professional. it's not very difficult, but it can be confusing the first time.

cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts