Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drool: I am trying to configure my ePSXe file.
But when I go to the configure menu nothing appears in Main Video Plugin drop down menu. Any help would be wonderful. I have searched through the FAQ's but I haven't located anyone else with this problem or a solution. If this has already been posted my apologies.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
Hello CCloverJT and welcome to emuforums.
Well, Did you downloaded the necessary graphics plugins? Anyway,for more informations, and in case it haven't been done, I suggest you to read this thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help RedLion :). Yes, I have "Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU" files in the Windows/System folder. However, still nothing shows up in the drop down menu. Am I doing something wrong still :heh:?

·
4,098 Posts
Are you starting ePSXe from a shortcut?Are you using a frontend? If it is the case, try to start directly from the exe and see what happens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran the ePSXe.exe file. Then clicked file>run CDROM. I got the error message "ePSXe is NOT completely configured. Go to config-> video ...". But still nothing shows in the drop down menu on the Configure>Video>Select/Config Main Plugin. Is it possible I need a different dll file?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:heh: Thank you. Sorry about the stupid question :S But I have one last question for you. Now I get the messages "Missing render-texture extension!" and "No pixel format available." What do I need to download to fix these problems? [btw I'm trying to run Chrono Cross if that helps.]

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Read the manual

Your video card is incompatible with that gpu plugin.

·
4,098 Posts
:heh: Thank you. Sorry about the stupid question :S But I have one last question for you. Now I get the messages "Missing render-texture extension!" and "No pixel format available." What do I need to download to fix these problems? [btw I'm trying to run Chrono Cross if that helps.]
What is the brand and exact name of your video card please?

·
4,098 Posts
For this card the recommended plugin is the Pete's Direct3D one. Download the Pete's GPU plugins located in the same page I pointed to you before and select this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For this card the recommended plugin is the Pete's Direct3D one. Download the Pete's GPU plugins located in the same page I pointed to you before and select this one.
PERFECTION :lol: Thank you so much. :thumb:
I'm wondering though, is there any way to cut down the amount of lines present on the screen in the backgrounds? And a way to keep the sound from echoing?

·
4,098 Posts
PERFECTION :lol: Thank you so much. :thumb:
I'm wondering though, is there any way to cut down the amount of lines present on the screen in the backgrounds? And a way to keep the sound from echoing?
Post an image and I'll try to see what settings you need to input (surely tomorrow or someone else will come to help you). For the sound, the Eternal SPU plugin is one of the best.

*go to bed*

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,516 Posts
Do you have texture filtering set to 5 or 6? Try 3 or 4.

Chrono Cross uses a lot of 2D sprites. This can look really weird compared to the rest of the 3D environment.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Set colours to best if theres an option for it and set filtering to 4.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
masta.g.86 & Squall-Leonhart Thank you :D
Problem fixed :thumb:

But the sound is still a little jumpy,
I have the Eternal SPU plugin.
Should I change the settings?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,516 Posts
Try changing the buffer size to 48. Also, (and maybe more importantly) set audio out method to 'SPUasync' and Async mode to 'smooth'.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts