Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
talk about unexpected....I wasn't planning on this oO

tell me now: how will the new download system work?
download system for the emulator files or images? I need to know the file size range for the emulators and how many people need access to upload files then I can solve this issue. The content management system integrates articles into vbulletin very easily, but does not automatically solve the file hosting issue unless I have the answers to the questions above?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
download system for the emulator files or images? I need to know the file size range for the emulators and how many people need access to upload files then I can solve this issue. The content management system integrates articles into vbulletin very easily, but does not automatically solve the file hosting issue unless I have the answers to the questions above?
for the emulator files

I would say that the average file is around 1-2MB. However, we do have some emulators (like pcsx2) that take more than 5MB. If possible, I would rather not have a filesize restriction. Also we need to put plugins and tools in the database, also.

As for access, I would start off with Hard Core Rikki, Chrono, and me (since we are the usual newsposters). If possible, provide a way in for one of us to add in other people as well.

The idea of a tied-into-forum homepage was to allow easy access for regular forum members who wanted to help out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will be providing you guys with access to a separate FTP file server account so you can upload files quickly without any hassle.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I will be providing you guys with access to a separate FTP file server account so you can upload files quickly without any hassle.
Have an idea on what kind of file database we will be using?

don't forget some sort of anti-leech system. We had problems with bandwidth leechers in the past

21 - 24 of 24 Posts