Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until yesterday, I was plagued by the common and infamous "No memory card" problem when trying to save games.
The nice people on this board were very helpful by sharing the F4 key trick.
Then I replaced my Microsoft gamepad pro with a Playstation2 dualshock controller and the PSX-N64 to USB adapter . To my great surprise the memory card is now automaticly detected and loaded at startup.
An important fringe benefit is that the combo Dualshock + PSX to USB adapter is a lot more accurate than the Microsoft controller.
IMHO , the Sony Dualshock controller is THE best period.
I hope this helps

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, i'm using the psjoy adapter, and some games that didn't recognize the memory card on startup,
like THPS2, does now. The strange thing is, if i turn off analog, and set the joystick to just digital, it goes back to not seeing the memory card on startup.....weird huh?
Maybe there's some strange interactivity with the analog portion of a controller and the memory card.... Or possibly epsxe was just coded that way??? You're crossing over to a new dimension.........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank You!!!

Thank You so much for this tip!!! I just recently started using ePSXe (gave up before cause it constantly crashed my machine :mad: ) for StarOcean. My friends keep telling me how great it is.

Today it just dawned on me, how am I going to switch to the next disc using save states??? So I checked the doc and it said they have memcard support. Great I said to myself. Then I couldn't get it to work. FORMAT CARD - FORMAT FAILED.

I was sweeping through the forums and newsgroups, when I came across this at the same time I was about to give up. I cannot thank you enough for the F4 tip. And I will also be getting that PSX-USB adapter you were talking about. Jeez Gamepad Pro is horrible. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts