Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello No$cash,

I took a screenshot of the title bar so you can see what i mean. This usually happens when the
numbers show on the title bar or when resizing the window.

And also the fmvs in dino crisis and dino crisis 2 are not working with your bios. I will test more games later on and make a new post.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Thanks for the screenshot, good to see how it looks like (formerly I was thinking the your caption would be black).
Okay... the background and text color are black (and only the white text shadow) is visible.

Drawing the emulation speed and resizing factors are both done by SetWindowTextA, which is officially & explicitely supposed for changing the window caption - and the function has only two parameters (window handle and text string) - I can't see how that could go wrong. And actually it does seem to work (assuming that you can see the speed/sizing nnn% numbers).
Aside from changing the caption text, the game window is subclassed (but, unless in fullscreen mode, it does simply forward everything to the original window class function). And the actual window class is a customized WC_DIALOG class (defaults obtained via GetClassInfoExA, and then passed to RegisterClassExA with modified icon entries). In RegisterClassExA, one can change a "hbrBackground" entry, but I think that applies to the body of the window, not to its caption. Theoretically it should be impossible to change the caption color; the OS should be always automatically using the selected color scheme (and change between active/inactive window schemes when needed).

Altogether, I don't have a clue what could be causing that glitch, sorry.
Does anybody else get that black caption effect, too?
Are you using some uncommon color scheme? Or accessibility options? Some uncommon localized windows version? Uncommon display hardware/drivers?
Do you get the effect in the other no$xxx emus from http://nocash.emubase.de/ too? (the resizing value is shown only in newer emulators, but all emus should show the emulation speed; at least when having the 'Performance Indicator' option enabled)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello nocash,

I'm using the silver xp theme but, it also does it with the default blue xp theme. The only way it does not do this is if i change the performance indicator to none. I dont have any games for the other to try your other emulators. I'm using a Nvidia Geforce 430 GT with 301.42 driver.

BTW: How can i contact you about bugs i find?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
BTW: Does anyone know how to change disc on this emulator? I'm at the parasite eve disc 2 screen but don't know how to change disc.
I've never played a game that far in no$psx. But it should be working theoretically: Load disc 2, with the "Autostart Cartridge" checkbox disabled in the file selection menu (though I should better rename it to "Autostart CDROM" in next version).

For the black caption, does anybody have that "Nvidia Geforce 430 GT" display adaptor, too? And does (or doesn't) see the same black caption effect?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello nocash,

Ok i got the game to switch to disc 2. I just beat parasite eve. Now i'm wondering if there is a way to have all my saves in
one memory card instead of having them in different memory cards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts