Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
What would cause *no* power to go to the video card? well, the leds on my videocard light up when a power cord isnt plugged in, be it the board or the 6 pin to the actual card. But earlier today as i was at school, i had my computer defragmenting, as it was bad, fresh install, always bad, and i had the updates set to go on and install while i was at school. All fine well and good. But i think it screwed me over, as i t installed internet explorer 7, and i jump on the internet check the forums etc. and it kept saying like malicious software and tons of trojans and the MS malware crap and how you gotta pay for it to run it or whatever, so i figured it was just junk. and mind you fresh instal of xp so i didnt put on kaspersky yet, and i never really run it anyway, with ie6 i never got a single virus. But i was downloading a few things, like .net framework to install some programs and direct x(link from gsdx plugin) and my computer just freezes(downloads were done i beileve) And i was on my way out to the door so i just turned it off, now i get the vid. card issue, it has the fan spinning at max like it does when it starts but stays going, and i dont get any video and the leds say i got no cables installed to it(when they were) and i tried another psu, so idk.
Reset the CMOS and try again

1 - 1 of 1 Posts