Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything about this yet, but I found an awesome way to kill loading times using pete's plugins. First enable the "pc fps calculation" fix in the special game fixes menu. Then manually set the fps to either 60(ntsc) or 50(pal). This will kill loading times! However, one side effect is that mdecs will play too fast, but I believe this is a small price too pay for no loading times.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
since version 1.5.1 epsxe has had alot of internal timing problems fixed. Now it's very rare to find a game that needs PC FPS calculation. Nowadays I just leave it disabled...otherwise it tends to messup sound, and/ or makes the game run slowly in other spots.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
maybe... I think that using a fast forward key could be useful ^^

Pete, I hope u read this, could be cool that pressing a key, turn off FPSlimit and turn on FSkip :p then pressing again after the loading becomes normal ^^

u know, like the ~ key on zsnes ^^

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Originally posted by Shadow Lady
maybe... I think that using a fast forward key could be useful ^^

Pete, I hope u read this, could be cool that pressing a key, turn off FPSlimit and turn on FSkip :p then pressing again after the loading becomes normal ^^

u know, like the ~ key on zsnes ^^
i think you can. Try pressing the Delete/Insert/End/Home/Pageup and Page down buttons during emulation. you can switch the FPS on or off. ( o forgot which button is for which,...sorry about that)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, pete's plugins have "manual fps" on/off key. set manual to 200, enable frameskip and use that key.
BTW i massively used speedup key in ZSNES, it helped me to complete CT two times per day :) Now i barely play any games including snes ones, but year or two ago i had some sort of reflex of pressing "~" key every time my computer tried to make me wait(not in snes games, i mean). It was sort of funny :).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, pete's plugins have "manual fps" on/off key. set manual to 200, enable frameskip and use that key.
BTW i massively used speedup key in ZSNES, it helped me to complete CT two times per day :) Now i barely play any games including snes ones, but year or two ago i had some sort of reflex of pressing the "~" key every time my computer tried to make me wait(not in snes games, i mean). It was sort of funny :).
Is it :ROFLMAO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts