Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Athena's in there, but they they really went overboard with the proportions (no, not that - rather, her incredibly small waist compared to her legs and head).

I'm guessing it'll be on 360, which means I'm getting it anyway, although for as far as it looks, it's no match to SFIV.

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
looking beyond Mai (it's hard, her assets get in the way), for KOFXII they went for a rather anime/cartoon-ish look as opposed to the semi-realistic (and also anime-like) look that they used throughout the series... I thought that was quite a difference in terms of style....

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Never could get into the KoF games, I've always been a Street Fighter man. Something about the gameplay of the KoF games just never sat well with me... However, I thought the KoF characters in Capcom vs. SNK 2 were really cool. Didn't know KoF was already up to 12 games though... I didn't even think they had half that many games, actually.:p
That's 12 games, not counting the spinoffs, remakes and 3d series. They made quite a few already...

If anything, I think the emulating crowd is the only group of gamers who knows about KoF, and they already have them all. They don't emulate knowing KoF, but they know KoF because they emulate.
Anyways, SNK is ripping gamers off for selling at any price higher than dirt cheap - they're trying to make money on 10+ year old games. The new games are obvious exceptions - but they're also (supposedly) not as good as the older ones.
that's quite right... since SNK's bankrupcy and then restart as SNK Playmore, the quality's gone down the drain. They do seem to have a better business model, though (cashing in on old games, making slot machines and lots of smaller games for mobile phones and DS).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.