Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i run Excalibur 2555 AD it works fine but there is no in game music.
I am using epsxe 1.6.0 with Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41. Can you help thanks!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Put the disk in a cd player, if the music plays, it requires CDDA which only the internal spu plugin supports.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the disk in a cd player, if the music plays, it requires CDDA which only the internal spu plugin supports.

I dont have the disk only the image I suppose I could burn the image to a disk and give that a try thanks! When I get some blanks that is!

By the way what is CDDA??

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
CD Digital Audio, as opposed to an CDA (CD Audio, or CDAA (CD Analogue Audio)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
no because the problem is the result of you not making the image in a format that includes the subchannel data and the only way to get that data is from the game disc itself. make a new

image in .ccd/.img/.sub format (not limited to that though, there are others) as you will then have an image with that data on it. if you dont have the disc then you will just have to buy a

new copy because the game disc is the only source that you can rip that data from.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no because the problem is the result of you not making the image in a format that includes the subchannel data and the only way to get that data is from the game disc itself. make a new

image in .ccd/.img/.sub format (not limited to that though, there are others) as you will then have an image with that data on it. if you dont have the disc then you will just have to buy a

new copy because the game disc is the only source that you can rip that data from.

Thanks for the info! Now that youve said it I see that there is a ccd and sub file as well how do I get the epsxe emulator to use these?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
those two are not the main data file, the .img is. keep them in the same directory as the .img file and either mount the .img onto a virtual drive (configure epsxe to read from that drive) and run it that way or select the run ISO option in epsxe's GUI and load that same file from there instead.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those two are not the main data file, the .img is. keep them in the same directory as the .img file and either mount the .img onto a virtual drive (configure epsxe to read from that drive) and run it that way or select the run ISO option in epsxe's GUI and load that same file from there instead.

Ok thanks Ill give that a try!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
EPSXE 1.7.0 can read .CCD files.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EPSXE 1.7.0 can read .CCD files.
I tried that version and its just the same no in game music. However when I tried to run it on the psx emulator the music works perfectly must be something wrong with the epsxe emulator! The only problem with the psx emulator is that you have to put up with the inferior graphics.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Eternal SPU doesn't support CDDA, that might be why.... I'll see if i can pick this game up at the markets next week.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try using the spu core since it actually does support CDDA.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
works fine with everything i throw at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts