Next Generation Emulation banner

No HDTV support for Revolution

5K views 66 replies 34 participants last post by  fastenjaw 
There could be a visual downside to the switch to high-definition, though, and this may work to Nintendo's benefit. HD games may be hampered by framerate problems, while SD titles rendered by more powerful hardware will probably run smoothly. "This is my single biggest worry," admits Eggebrecht. "Let's put it this way. At 640x480 [standard definition], we're at a point where we can do anything. Anything. Finally. But with high-definition, I think we're at about the same level of challenge when it comes to framerate as we are this generation. You can do a hell of a lot more polygons. You can do a hell of a lot more shaders. But the inherent fill-rate issues are still certainly there. Will it be a 30-frame time? Will it be a 60-frame time? It will be interesting to see."
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/624/624516p3.html

thats good to hear :). im just worried about moving beyond "current" games and onto next gen games with next gen effects and expectations (not counting hd since thats the thing in question). i have no doubt that these next gen consoles will power through current games at HD and AA/AF and all those things. but i certainly hope it'll still be that case if we're talking next gen games with next gen physics/gfx expectations. if thats the case, then whats the rationale behind not supporting hd resolutions ??? >_<

arg...its getting harder and harder to make myself not buy a ps3 on launch now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.