Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I the Rom i am running is Baldur's gate : Dark Alliance (US) but it wont let me use Gameshark codes? it wont even let me press ok.
What i do

1. start game as normal

2. continue saved game

3. Press f2(brings up cheat window)

4. Click Add new.

5 type in cheat and add description
(966FA55CA831
3C58E5116EB1
1FDDAC69B68D - Must be on)

6.click ok................
click ok several times............

thats where nothing happens...

any help?
Codebreaker codes work....havent tried action replay

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I that code correct for the game region?

It seems you left out the step of ticking the the little box next to the code to enable it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no way to enable it....when i click ok nothing happens...the screen where you put in the cheat and the description stays up....it doesnt say error or give a sound...just..nothing happens...it acts like i didnt do anything...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Have you tried other Gameshark codes?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I don't see a reason why it should not, especially as Gameshark codes can be manipulated to appear like Codebreaker codes and still work in emus...the only thing I can think of is that adding the ability to use the DS cheats may have broken something for GBA cheats....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im using gameshark codes because its the only one that i can find that edits the amount of weight your character can hold in game

and yes i have tried other game shark codes but non will let me click ok they all do the same thing

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Use VisualBoyAdvance and make sure that this code is for the region of the game which you want to emulate. Example: Code for USA version = Works in USA version. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that is interesting...
Since iv posted this iv just been trying to enter the codes in different formats
Ex: 0000 0000, 0000000, 000000 0000.
well i accidently messed up on putting them in just a sec ago...i entered it as 00000000
and accidently clicked codebreaker and hit ok....it worked...which is so weird because i got the codes off the gameshark website, and the codes on there look totally different then the codebreaker codes but work totally fine when entered as codebreaker codes...thank all....

Ps. I search and found several people with my problem but no one knew the answer..if you see other questions like this pelase tell...,im about to go answerthose questions peace thanks for all the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.