Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://problemkaputt.de/gba.htm

07 May 2016 - no$gba version 2.8c
- webpage: added some dev forum links (http://4dsdev.org and http://gbadev.org)
- help: added "us" to known dsi-regions (including its countries and languages)
- dsi: re-ordered wram as C-then-B (fixes 3780000h boundary issue on us/sysmenu)
- dsi/wifi/help: added specs for WMI commands/events (and for BMI boot-commands)
- dsi/sdmmc/help: added sd/mmc state info (specs when/which command can be used)
- dsi/softreset: allows rebooting dsi firmware via NUM-* (reinit DSi registers)
- dsi: can boot NDS games from within DSi mode (tweaks non4MB via fake_scfg_ext)
- dsi: supports NDS-backwards-compatibility-touchscreen mode (for NDS games)
- dsi: supports NDS-bios-mapping in DSi mode (for NDS games booted via sysmenu)
- dsi: supports firmware-coldboot (when bios_intro enabled with nds_mode=DSi)
- dsi: bugfixed jumps in new wram via addr_code_table (fixes many DSi problems)
- dsi/help: added DSi Atheros Wifi I2C EEPROM info (access and partial content)
- debug/gui: fixed system colors used for cpu-flag checkboxes (swapped red/blue)
- dsi/help: added notes on dumping wifi bios, and on dumping dsi keys from 3ds
- dsi/help: added flipnote fileformat, added notes on \shared2\0000 file
- nds7: emulates disabled bios area being FFh-filled (define_nds7_bios_rom)
- aes: forces instant completion on aes-body-len-zero (boot sysflaw via sysmenu)
- sdio/wifi: initializes 0500458h to ZERO (indicating not firmware yet uploaded)
- dsi/bugfix: moved "sdmmc_try_drain_write_buffer" after status/state handling
- dsi: wifi init mimmicked good enough to run bootcode without WLFIRM 2 error
- dsi/sdmmc: supports card_irq
- dsi/i2c: omits ACK response on non-existing devices (especially A0h/E0h cams)
- dsi/misc: omits arm7 warning on 4004001h access, sets DSi flag in cart.chip.id
- dsi: emulates SCFG_MC register (else hangs after starting a game in bootmenu)
- xtensa: auto-resolves special registers mov opcodes to symbolic sfr_xxx names
- dsi/loader: supports loading AR60xxG.rom (for disass at atheros:8E0000h)
- dsi/mapping: supports MBK mapping to TEAK memory space (for teak disassembler)
- dsi/sdmmc: supports WRITE_MULTIPLE command (requires eMMC image with CID+ID)
- dsi: supports 32bit 4004D00h read, and more 16bit/32bit access for other ports
- dsi/jpeg/help: added notes on computing jpeg/exif MAC signatures (via AES-CCM)
- dsi/sdmmc: emulates fifo16/fifo32, irq-edge-triggering, fixed bits, etc.
- dsi/help: added lots of details on sd/mmc/sdio controller's I/O ports
- dsi/help: updated dsi exploits chapter (notes on resurrected dsiware hax, etc)
- dsi/help: addded teak instruction set specs (encoding, syntax, params)
- dsi/help: added atheros/wifi registers specs (for sdio side and xtensa side)
- dsi/debug: added teaklite II disassembler (see menubar, window, teak)
- dsi/wifi/debug: added xtensa disassembler (see menubar, window, atheros)
- dsi/wifi/help: added xtensa/cpu instruction set and xtensa/cpu register map
- dsi/sdio: partial sdio/atheros simulation (passing most of "PRE-AUTH" phase)
- dsi/help: added sdio specs (cmd52/cmd53 and cccr, fbr, cia areas)
- dsi/boot: fixed initialization of emmc-info in main ram
- dsi/help: added various details (initial ram, etc.)
- nds/debug: optional IPC fifo send/recv logging (in tty debug message window)
- dsi/bptwl: supports writing BPTWL registers (except invalid/readonly ones)
- debug/tty: displays sd/mmc command names, and resolves sdio func:addr's
- debug: accepts mirror of 3800000h at 3FF0000h without warning (common on dsi)
- dsi/help: details on tmd, tickets, and big-endian aes-cbc decryption

·
Registered
557 Posts
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Awesome Nocash! Keep moving forward!!! :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
nice update nocash thanks, thought about DSi camera support ?, for PC webcams are laptop , for games DSI like DSi face training est .

Sorry to say, the crackling sounds are still there on games of DS , must be a quite an issue in that department .

If you ever move on from dsi, I have tested 3ds decrypted games, and they do work on Citra and they do work well 4 now with no sound , if you need info on where to find PM me.., they have a info and tools kit on rar file .

it reads , sorry had to snip some links for here .

Code:
##############################################################################
# 250 Decrypted 3DS ROM collection for the Citra Emulator from DecompilerFun #
##############################################################################

A collection of 250 decrypted and trimmed 3DS ROMs for the Citra Emulator.
Download, open with the latest version of the Citra Emulator and enjoy.
Please leave the ROMs in your download folder and seed to also make others a joy.
I worked weeks for this collection and if nobody seeds this "snip" will be lost soon.
Note: The Citra Emulator is still in development and not all ROMs are playable
but in some months or years everyone will work like a charm.

Information's:
- Most ROMs from "Snip" and a few from "Snip"
- Xorpads generated on Old3DS SysNAND 9.2 using menuhax and Decrypt9WIP
- SeedDB from http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=470553545&third=0&adapt=pc&fr=ftw
- Decrypted with xorer on Windows 10 Home x64
- Trimmed with NDSTokyoTrim3 http://eden.fm/ndstoykotrim/
  And yes it only trims the useless FF things at the end of each ROM
  => A ZIP file would make such a ROM bigger!
- Scripts programmed and executed with Python 2.7
- Preferred region: Europe because it contains the  biggest amount of different languages
=> If you want to know more take a look at the Tools folder
Grate work and all best .

EDIT: Although all can have the tools, if can work on how to do so ..

These are the 3DS decryptng tools her use uploaded to MEGA.nz Although you need a read 3DS and flashcard , "I don't have" - https://mega.nz/#!8ZJlwRiT!i2HgTSSRLNnAv228e3f2iqRvYKylxTUUdnu9rk53GHA

·
Registered
181 Posts
After doing some testing with both no$gba and DesmuME, The Sound issue is the same when using "Dual SPU Synch/Asynch (traditional)" as "No$gba Has" in "DesmuME", However when using in DesmuME "Synchronous (sometimes needed for streams)" , (Syncchronizer Method) "Synch Method "Z") , "This Dose Clear that Sound Cracking/Noise up 100% with DesmuME!", So it might As an option select work for No$gba to ..

I don't mind doing a tester for nocash by PM, if he can edit some options for this into his emulator ?

Just a thought into this, but did as I mention above them option selection did work on testing ^ , So maybe no$gba with that option might..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
DSi camera support ?
I've tried to, but gave up because Windows doesn't seem to support such things. I've managed to brew up code that can receive video from an USB camera, via DirectShow, and (unintentionally) to display it in a "ActiveMovie Window". But for actually capturing and using the video data in the emulator, one would be supposed to use a "SampleGrabber" (for the capture) and a "Null Renderer" (for preventing the silly "ActiveMovie Window" to show up).
The problem is that neither the "SampleGrabber" nor the "Null Renderer" seem to be part of the Windows operating system - instead, they appear to be part of the DirectShow SDK, which, I don't have that SDK, and don't want to use third-party code in my software. I am not sure if the SDK contains source or binaries - if it's HLL source code, then I could eventually port it to ASM for use in no$gba, although it would be painful to that.
Or did I miss something? I mean, the "SampleGrabber" and "Null Renderer" seem to be some kind of standard filters, and it's hard to believe (and very annoying) that Microsoft seems to have forgotten to include them in the OS. And it's even harder to believe because they are accessed via some CLSID numbers, and if everybody is supposed to make their own filters (with those same pre-defined CLSID numbers)... that could only lead to incredible chaos.

the crackling sounds are still there on games of DS
I've noticed some weird noise in the DSi System Settings. Haven't yet found out what is causing it. But maybe that's the same kind of crackling.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I see nocash thank you over the dsi cam issue, all best in future if any solution comes up .

As for sound, As I say DesmuME dose have exact same issue with sound as you're emulator dose, But by Enabling "Synchronous (sometimes needed for streams)" in DesmuME Dose fix it 100% clear sound, it's an option you're emulator dose not have.

I'm willing to do privet test is needed, be four release, if not work then no matter, if work grate!.

Yep maybe it is..

o Ill do a video tomoz, with both emus and same part on both emus and enable that option to show how it clears crackling up .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Advanced SPU logic , and Dual SPU Synch/Asynch (traditional) these two ticked on at same time, Dose cause the same sound issue as no$gba has .

Tick off Advanced SPU logic , and all is good sound .

The two seems to clash .

But, Advanced SPU logic reads .
This will be necessary to emulate sound capture (reverb and music visualization). this is costly, few games use it, and the effect is unnecessary, Enable it if your system has power to spare; check the Sound viewer to see if the game is using capture.
But Advanced SPU logic + Synchronous is OK and good too .

But a reset of settings is needed, for changes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Best example I could do, youtube video regarding the noise/sound issue between no$gba and DesmuME

(Note) Game's are my own backup's of the original cartridges, EDIT: x5 - EX5 I men't lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've noticed some weird noise in the DSi System Settings. Haven't yet found out what is causing it. But maybe that's the same kind of crackling.
Do you have a capture of that sound nocash ?.. then I can let you know if same type of crackling with own games I have!, as you do with DSi

I join up 4dsdev.org maybe you can PM me there on this

Any format I have very good hardware now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@nocash

I admire your work with your emulator. Someday, you can fix this:

Dragon Quest - The Hand of the Heavenly Bride (EU)(M5) (I have a firmare, bios, but I can't change the language.

------------------------------------------------
Advance wars dual strike, emulation speed is good, but has some problems with the colors.
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict, the emulation speed is slow.

Phantasy Star Zero, i can see the intro, but is unplayed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts