Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i as wondering how do you play games like Pokemon Platinum when you have it on USB and want to play it with another computer.
Some games, like Bomberman worked, but Platinum won't co-operate with me...

That's why i ask:
Is is possible to play BIG ROM sizes with USB and in other computer? (i mean big that Bomberman was like 8 mb, But Platinum is over 100 mb :???: )

If it is, how you do it that it'll work?

Hugs & Kisses to solver from uhkam a.k.a. Pelaaja93 :D

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
If you have enough free space on your USB-stick, it shouldn't be a problem.
If you want to play it safe, copy No$ to your PC, try it there. If it works on the hard drive, it will work (given same options) on the stick as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it works on the hard drive, it will work (given same options) on the stick as well.
Wrong! tried on my computer: works
tried on usb stick in my computer: works
tried on usb stick on school's PC: won't work :(
my USB stick has plenty of memory still (like 700 MB)

Sorry, but tried all you suggest. (can't copy into PC due that it's school's PC >< ) :dead:

Other suggest? D:

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
So you're saying that Bomberman works on the school's PC and Platinum didn't?
As it did work on your PC it's definitely not the stick's fault. My (un)educated guess is the school PC doesn't have enough RAM/cache to properly work big game-files.
EDIT: Does your stick have a write-protection switch? You can't save if that one's on. OK, this is most likely a no-brainer, but I'm brainstorming a bit here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean wont work, like the app freezes and the led on the usb stick keeps flashing, if so then wait its still loading the game.... otherwise explain in what way its not working
App won't freeze, but the game freezes. When i must click start, after that, it freezes the game, not emulator

So you're saying that Bomberman works on the school's PC and Platinum didn't?
As it did work on your PC it's definitely not the stick's fault. My (un)educated guess is the school PC doesn't have enough RAM/cache to properly work big game-files.
EDIT: Does your stick have a write-protection switch? You can't save if that one's on. OK, this is most likely a no-brainer, but I'm brainstorming a bit here.
Yes, i'm saying that Bomberman works due to small size of ROM.
And no, i've never used write-protection on my USB sticks...

And last, It worked on my computer when i didn't have extra RAM. Just regular 512 MB, which propably is too on schools' computers...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The school's computers are crap, that's all there is to it...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No it's the weak school computer's fault...that's all there is to this as I said...

Pokemon games are easily amongst the most resource intensive DS games and a weak system just does not have enough juice to run them...

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
You yourself said the ROMs work, didn't you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No it's the weak school computer's fault...that's all there is to this as I said...

Pokemon games are easily amongst the most resource intensive DS games and a weak system just does not have enough juice to run them...
But why then also PMD:EOD works? oO
Or YGO:Stardust Accelerator? (that's even bigger than PMN PL! TWICE!!!)

Smilley said:
You yourself said the ROMs work, didn't you?
I said D: just didn't remember. i typed that last text in a hurry :rolleyes:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The size of the game plays a role but it's not the only determining factor in how much power the game needs to run.

Also when I said Pokemon games I mean specifically Diamond/Pearl/Platinum...the others require less power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.