Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Nocash version 2.6 about a week back, and it ran perfectly. I was playing Pokemon Platinum at 100% with no lag anywhere, 2D or 3D, even running other programs in the background like a virus scan and it still stayed above 90%. Two days ago I ran a few virus checks and deleted the viruses, then proceeded to run nocash. It opened up fine and my save was perfect, but the second I stepped into Veilstone City it plummeted to 40%, and has been staying there ever since. It runs sub adequately in areas it was perfect before.

I cane here and looked at some people with problems similar to mine, and tried the remedies posted. The ones I can remember were trying the MHz Disaster 10% (barely sped it up), setting the priority to high (did nothing), and moving it do a different location (did nothing). I know my computer is fast enough to handle it, here are the specs:

RAM: 4 GB
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00 GHz
HD Space: 220 GB, 42.9 GB free
Gfx: Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT

I'm pretty sure those are the important ones. I have a Dell Vostro 1700 notebook, if it matters.

Thanks in advance =]

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Try deleting no$gba.ini.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Unfortunately there's no known cause or solution to this problem...only some get it...on two different systems now I have not gotten it...I honestly have no clue why some systems suddenly get this slow down...and I have been around this emulator for two years...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks. It was running fine for about an hour today then stopped again :/

Would deleting it then reinstalling it fix anything? I'm guessing no since there is no install involved, but it's worth a try.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Wait, I thought you said it's permanently slow? If it's just periodic usually after a bit of playing time then your laptop is most likely overheating and the processor is throttleing itself.
Unfortunately there's still not really a solution to that other than perhaps trying to get a laptop cooling tray.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is completely random. Some days it starts out slow after just opening my computer, others it will work perfectly, others it will stop after an hour or two. I got my laptop cooler and it did improve the 'stability' of nocash, but it still goes out often. One thing I found that helps though is if I start nocash with my laptop not charging, then after about 30 minutes of play I plug it in.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot about that as well...the laptop may be throttling itself to save power...there still is not really any solution though...aside from maybe charging your laptop fully then leaving it plugged in and forcing performance mode or something rather than power saving...not sure if that would help though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.