Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the FAQ about this and searched the forums and i still have not found a solution to my problem, that problem is my computer heats up when i am running No$GBA Emulator and will restart my computer because of safes. I do not want to remove the safes, and fallowed the advice the FAQ gave me and still no solution, if anyone has had and fixed this problem it would be great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have not overclocked anything on my computer, and i am sure my computer is correctly cooled, but i am not 100% sure, is there a way to check ?

·
Registered
828 Posts
okay.
Your problem is quite strange.

BTW, is the inside of your computer clean ? if there's too many dust it can affect the cooling.

EDIT : you can check the temp of your CPU with Speedfan. It should work correctly for temperatures, but don't touch fan speeds, they don't work correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually blew out the dust from my computer last night and had it off all night, and i use CPUID hardware monitor takes very accurate readings for checking temperatures, my fan right now at idle is running at...3,150-3,3180 RPM's and i have 1 fan " it will stay the same give or take 100 RPM when running a game", if needed ( my cpu is at idle is 35`C / 94`F )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i run no$gba when i am at Idle, 35`C, it spikes up very fast the highest i have seen it before my computer crash is 57`C but my powersupply was old so that may have been the problem when it restarted but i cant stand my computer getting hotter and hotter wile running No$GBA, my CPU model is a AMD ethon 32-bit 6400

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
replace your thermal paste, and get a third pary copper cooler.

you should never see temps over 46 then.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
A Third Party cooler is any CPU cooler not made by Intel/AMD and that does not come with the CPU from the start. It should be better than the one that you get at the start (providing you do your research and get a good one...although I don't think there are many socket 939 coolers left).

crashes at 57C?...that sounds wrong...my old Athlon64 3700+ got to 64C and other than the CPU fan kicking into overdrive every 30 seconds (which was seriously loud and usually casued a pause or two) there were no problems.

Also this is not really no$gba's fault, any other program which would stress your CPU like say if you were encoding a movie or playing a CPU hungry PC game should also cause the same issue.
It's up to you to make sure your PC is adequately cooled, not up to a program to make sure it does not stress your CPU too much so that it does not overheat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts