Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently playing Magical Starsign on version 2.6a. When I started playing it, it ran at perfect speed, never dropping below 100%, never any sound distortions.
Now it happens all the time, almost with every magical attack during battle. Quite annoying to say the least

I am using a laptop and when searching around for the same problem, someone suggested that laptops tend to overheat during CPU-intensive tasks and that's the cause of the performance drop. However, even when I launch NO$GBA just after starting up, the performance is still lowered.

I have an Intel Core Duo T2300 @ 1.66 GHz processor and the latest drivers (though modded) for the ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 series installed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmm, try extracting no$gba to a new folder and setting it up for your game again and then just copy your save accross (located in the battery folder) to the new one. Perhaps something got corrupted in the old folder somehow.

I honestly have one idea what causes this problem, it's random, some people get it, others don't.

Perhaps you could also check if another game you used to run (if you have another) is also running slower as I guess it might just be a bug occuring with some games.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Currently playing Magical Starsign on version 2.6a. When I started playing it, it ran at perfect speed, never dropping below 100%, never any sound distortions.
Now it happens all the time, almost with every magical attack during battle. Quite annoying to say the least

I am using a laptop and when searching around for the same problem, someone suggested that laptops tend to overheat during CPU-intensive tasks and that's the cause of the performance drop. However, even when I launch NO$GBA just after starting up, the performance is still lowered.

I have an Intel Core Duo T2300 @ 1.66 GHz processor and the latest drivers (though modded) for the ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 series installed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I know this is a bump but try going in the task manager and terminate processes that may be eating cpu power. I had this problem with PCSX2 while playing Disgaea and ended all of avg's processes and it ran full speed again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts