Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a laptop that has 4GB RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 processor that has 2.66Ghz. I am not a big computer techie, but I am pretty sure that those specs aren't the source of my No$GBA having excruciatingly low FPS on my laptop. It works fine on my desktop with the same settings, but my desktop is not as powerful as my laptop, so I am really confused.
Help please?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
And even then laptops are prone to overheating and throttling themselves though that should only occur after say 10 minutes and does not happen to everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it set on normal power mode and it still doesn't work, I even set the laptop to high performance power plan and it still failed to remedy the problem.
I really don't know what's wrong.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
I can suggest you to go into a bookstore and look up on overclocking. Just giving advice.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hell no, never overclock a laptop, they get more than hot enough as it is....in fact don't even think about overclocking a desktop either unless you know exactly what you're doing. Never ever give someone overclocking as a solution to a speed problem with a handheld emu.

Is the laptop plugged into the wall or are you trying to run it just from battery? Is it charging? It could be that it's still throttling itself unless it's no longer charging and is plugged into the wall. Also check your temperatures, it could be your laptop runs too hot as is and is throttling itself from the get-go.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Hell no, never overclock a laptop, they get more than hot enough as it is....in fact don't even think about overclocking a desktop either unless you know exactly what you're doing. Never ever give someone overclocking as a solution to a speed problem with a handheld emu.

Is the laptop plugged into the wall or are you trying to run it just from battery? Is it charging? It could be that it's still throttling itself unless it's no longer charging and is plugged into the wall. Also check your temperatures, it could be your laptop runs too hot as is and is throttling itself from the get-go.
Understood, sir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.