Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before we start, this is for GBA games only. NDs games are fully incompatible with each other, and there's no multiplayer for GBA-NDS games, and NDS-to-NDS games, as of now.

The steps are broken down pretty much, if not completely, to an incline. :rolleyes:

(A) Assuming you are ready, for 2 players or more (Same game):

(Note in No$gba, "machines" refer to the electronic device held by a player. For example, 1st machine means Player 1, 2nd machine stands for Player 2, and so on.)

1. Run No$gba.
2. A pop-up menu appears. Select your game.
3. Press "Open".
4. The game should run.
5. Make sure that in the No$gba Options, the number of emulated GameBoys are equal to the total of how many players are playing the game.
6. Save the options.
7a. Right-handed: Right-click on the game screen. -OR-
7b. Left-handed: Left-click on the game screen.
8. Select "Load game" in the drop-down menu.
9. Select your game.
10. At the bottom, there's a drop-down menu. Choose "2nd Machine".
11. De-select "Autostart Cartridge".
12. Press "Open".
13. A new game screen appears on the right. That's the second game you've chosen.

(B) For 3 players/4 players:

1. Make sure that in the No$gba Options, the number of emulated GameBoys are equal to the total of how many players are playing the game.
2. Save the options.
3. Repeat steps 6 through steps 11 for the corresponding machines.

(C) Using the save file for each players:

1. Go to the No$gba folder.
2. There should be a "BATTERY" folder. Open it.
3. In it, you should see the save files. Make sure there's a SAV file named after your game. ("A.gba" game, saves to "A.sav" file in BATTERY.)
4. If there are other kinds of save files, they should be SV2, SV3, SV4, etc. files. Each number corresponds to which machine. (SV2: 2nd machine, SV3: 3rd machine, and so on.)
5. Run No$gba.
6. Start the game matching the save file's name.
7. You should be able to play the last saved game.
8. To play the same last saved game, close No$gba.
9. Go to No$gba folder.
10. Open BATTERY folder.
11. Rename the game you wished to play in which machine to the corresponding number. For example, you wished to play your saved game on the 2nd machine. Change the SAV file to SV2 file, by renaming the last letter to a number. 3rd machine, change SAV to SV3. 4th machine, change it to SV4. And so on.
12. Using the steps mentioned in Section A and B, run your game with the 2nd machine.
13. Repeat step 12 for 3rd and 4th machine.

(D) Playing different games on a same computer:

1. Just remember to follow the steps in Section A, B and C.
2. Remember the save file naming pattern.
3. Remember what games are played in what machines. (For example, remember that you had played Pokemon Emerald in 1st machine, saved with a SAV file. Another played Super Mario Kart Advance in 2nd machine, saved with a SV2 file, and so on.)

(E) FAQ

Q: Will No$gba have support for linking NDS games?

A: Currently, there's no support for NDS games. There won't be any multiplayer support for NDS games, until Martin Korth confirms that he is working on it.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
If it is an in-game error message, it might mean that your computer is not fast enough to emulate both GBAs and their interaction in the game's set error-margin.
With just this much info from your side, this is all I can speculate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello again, now I've tried to play Soma Bringer NDS game. With that when i am trying to play on multiplayer - Connection Lost msg appears, using only option - Use Wireless connection - no other to choose from game. But as I just read here, there is no Multiplayer for NDS - do you maybe know about it available in nearest future ?:p

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, Multiplayer DS still does not work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to be a bother...

I'm running NO$GBA 2.5c. I've managed to get my two separate games (FireRed and LeafGreen) loading their respective saved games using the instructions you've given here.

My problem is that when I try to link them (in the PokeCenter), I'm told that the Wireless Adapter is not connected. When I go to the Direct Corner (for GBA Link Cable connection), the game freezes. If I try to connect the games simultaneously (or just from the second machine), I get the popup message "The rom-image has crashed" and the emulator closes.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss part of the instructions and I'm just too blind to see it? Do I need to change any settings for the emulator? Again, sorry to be a bother, but it's starting to get frustrating. :) Thanks.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
THERE IS NO MULTIPLAYER FOR THE DS ON ANY EMULATORS AT THIS POINT IN TIME.

Quit posting fud.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You would think the guy that made the emulator (who states it does not work for any practical purposes yet) would know better than some random people on a forum.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
that happens with DS games which has been said sounds thousands of times now that it does not work

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem with the control setup. Both my controller and keyboard control the same game no matter what i try. Its always the second game that i end up controlling. I'm trying to get it set up so me and a friend can both play. So what am I doing wrong?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.