Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dudes! First, sorry for my bad English - I'm from Bulgaria.

My question is about No$GBA 2.6a - can I run it on CPU P4 2.4 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM and nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 Mb and can I play Pokemon Diamond with about 70% or better?

Thank you in advance!

· Banned
35,081 Posts
I think you can run it, and for speed you have to go to options -> emulation setup and in emulation speed set to unlimited MHz disaster 100%. I got 800% speed :D Why don't you play new Pokemon Platinum?
no, don't do this. you'll risk corrupting the save.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Well it won't run well, but it should run acceptably enough to play.
Your graphics card barely affects performance, it's almost all up to the processor to render everything and 3D games like Pokemon also use a fair bit of RAM by the way, just telling you so you know upgrading your graphics card would do nothing and that bad performance won't be due to it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well it won't run well, but it should run acceptably enough to play.
Your graphics card barely affects performance, it's almost all up to the processor to render everything and 3D games like Pokemon also use a fair bit of RAM by the way, just telling you so you know upgrading your graphics card would do nothing and that bad performance won't be due to it.
Thank you. I don't want to play it with 200% or so, just to be playable. Are there any other programs I have to get (program for 2X zoom or full screen, BIOS, firmware etc.)

@MadTheFire I will play Platinum too but I want to finish Diamond first.

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
You should definitely get No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2: Fullscreen, filter support, fixes for a wide range of games; and a write save-file option, in case the emulator shuts down.

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
No longer required in most instances and even if they were the only way to obtain them that's permitted by the rules of this forum is dumping them from your DS so we can't help with that anyways.

· Registered
42 Posts
Hi dudes! First, sorry for my bad English - I'm from Bulgaria.

My question is about No$GBA 2.6a - can I run it on CPU P4 2.4 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM and nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 Mb and can I play Pokemon Diamond with about 70% or better?

Thank you in advance!
It will run good. Im about to play the game at 100%-150% and as you can see my pc is weaker than yours. Im pretty much able to about any NDS game i like at 100% or more. So good luck :)

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Actually your PC is stronger...a fair bit stronger. Yes it's a Celeron but it's still a 3.2Ghz processor (It's also a new Celeron so it does not suffer from quite the same Pentium4 to Celeron performance loss at the same Ghz that used to occur with older Celerons). 3Ghz is all that's needed for perfect speed (or at least as perfect as possible with no$gba) with no$gba and you have that...the TC however does not...he's got a whole 800Mhz less...

· Registered
42 Posts
soz :O im kinda nooby with this GHZ stuff :D

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK. I downloaded the emulator and No$Zoomer. What should I do in Options so I can play the game properly with good amount of FPS, save properly etc.? And also how to get No$Zoomer to work(what should I do when I start the .exe)?

I know I sound like a noob but so far I have only worked with emulators like Project64 and VirtualBoy Advance which are far more simple and this is a bit difficult for me ;)

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Project64 is actually pretty complicated XD cuz you have to tweak and play around with the plugins...in no$gba something usually either works...or it does not, there's not much tweaking involved.

Anyways I suggest the first thing you do is read the stickied FAQ thread at the top of this board, that should answer a few of your questions, after that we can see again.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Well it would be surprising if that really were your performance, because on my slightly stronger (in PC gaming terms) 2.1Ghz Athlon64 3700+ I got say 80-90%...so that's like 25 FPS or so (as far as I remember the DS runs at 30FPS).

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I tried it all and it was best with MHz disaster 50% and nogba 3D render. I have 50% and about 15 fps in town, 100% and about 20-25 fps in buildings and 150% and about 30-35 fps in battle and in the menus. However it may be from my CPU because it's running about 30 processes without no$gba. Most of them are system so I can't turn them off. I played the game until I got my first Pokemon (Chimchar) and the performance is't so bad :)

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
You tell us. It's playable, isn't it? The fight system's turnbased, so you don't have to worry about reaction speed. And the festivals take place on a seperate screen with mostly decent FPS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.