Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anything I load in no$gba 2.6 crashes randomly. When I hit (a,b) x,z it would just close itself. My system has enough resources.

Anyone else get this? It makes everything so frustrating since you can't load/save state. I have tried several versions of no$gba all of which crash.

There is no crash message and it happens to everything emulated.

I am using Vista btw.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Which games specifically? What exactly is random, after 2 minutes? After 10 minutes? sometimes only have an hour or two of play?

Have you tried changing the buttons to other keys just incase you registered a shortcut key for something?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I mean random as in 2 minutes to 1 hour. It would just exit. I will try changing the keys.

Games I have tried are Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Castlevania (I even tried some GBA roms to make sure it was the emulator, not the .nds files)

I wanted to be able to cheat on these games on PC as I don't wish to do so on my actual handhelds.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
So it's always when you use cheats? Have you tried playing something for that length of time without cheats?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Try deleting the no$gba ini and setting the emulator up as needed again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It didn't crash on my other computers when I used no$gba before. But I didn't run any of the roms I am running now.

I have no viruses. I am good at software/hardware, so I run regular maintence/anti-virus programs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it happens for me too, specifically playing pokemon platinum cause i dont really play any other roms. when i press X it closes on its own.

i think its cause no$gba has a shortcut as alt-x for close.. i dont know how to fix it. i configure my controls so it doesnt use X but i have to reconfigure everytime i close no$gba and sometimes i press x anyways by accident and it will close.

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.