Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using epsxe for nearly a year and I'm pretty good with feelng out whats wrong with it when something goes wrong, but I'm stuck. epsxe doesn't think I have a CD drive. I've tried all the plugins, and where you go to select the drive that you use, there are no option for me to select . Please Help Me!! :cry:

·
Nu...
472 Posts
Hmm you could try a different cd-rom plug-in
or use an iso
Good Luck :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why should I have to make iso's of all my games when it worked just a few days ago.

I deleted it, all the keys and then reinstalled. Didn't fix anything. I'm thinking it might be because of NERO. I downloaded a month ago to test it out, and it messed up VGS. So I deleted it. That's about the same time that epsxe stopped detecting my drive. I went through deleting all of nero's keys, but that didn't fix anything. Should I download it again and hope for the best? I'd really like to be able to play with CD's.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Nero installs it's own aspi layer whenever you install it. Maybe this has messed up you existing one. Its a long shot but try installing forceaspi to se if that cures the hiccup.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you, it was nero that was screwing around with the computer. I downloaded it again and installed it and now espxe finds the CD. My advice, don't download the demo of nero. Buy it or don't put it on your comp at all. I'll try the forceaspi and see if that works. Thanks betamax.

·
Registered
680 Posts
NERO is a BUG House :)

I'm using Nero 5.5.5.6 and have the same problem.
But Now that I have the way top fix this problem and I have My CDROM Drives Back!!!!!!

-- > ForceASPI doesNOT fix the problem --

This requires you to do some registry editing - DO NOT proceed unless you're sure what you're doing (but it works for me ;) )

1. Go to the RUN line and type in Regedt32 (or regedit in Win9x, ME, and also works in 2000) and press Enter.

2. Go to the following registry locations and delete the key values for
UPPERFILTERS and LOWERFILTERS: (Do NOT delete the entire 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BBFC1-08002BE10318 key)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BB
FC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BB
FC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11C
E-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4. Close out of Regedt32.exe and reboot the computer.

5. You should have access to your CDROM drives after reboot."
I got that fix from some CDROM - Bullettin Board, dunno who found that fix, but Thanks to the man ;)

And I hope you can have your CDROM Drives back - btw, NERO rocks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you tell me the cdrom bulletin board you found that on, cause the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BBFC1-08002BE10318 key is missing a "B" mine is 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1 -08002BE10318

1 - 9 of 9 Posts