Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty guys I just bought a cheap 400 dollar dell and began to tweek the crap out of it

I added:
160gig hd
1gig of ram
5.1 sound card
etc etc.

However I havent got a killer vid card yet and its got intel extreme graphics on it, when I tried to put in an Nvidia Geforce2 64mb card I noticed it didnt fit in the pci slots and there was no where else to put it. Im guessing that this card requires an agp slot. Im going to buy a nice video card probly in the 200 dollar range, what should I do about not haveing an agp slot, are ther any decent pci cards, and is it possible im just retarded and overlooked the agp slot and that all pcs have one?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Though luck. One solution is to buy new mobo with agp slot. But if thats not an option for you, Nvidia 5200FX PCI version is decent card. It sucks in nowadays standards, but its best PCI card that i know, and its DEFINETLY much better than GF2 or integrated Intel chip. It costs less than 100 bucks.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
No. Without mobo with agp slot you are screwed. What kind of processor it has? Pentium 4 or Athlon XP? Or something older?

*edit* saw your other thread. posting there.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Yes it should work fine. Not probaply high settings, but medium and low settings should work perfectly.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
It should work fine. AFAIK ATI has been always better in TVout and dual monitor thingies, but i have no first hand experience on NVIDIAs dual monitor abilities.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dell is quite strange. My poweredge server came with a agp slot and rather than onboard graphics it has a pci ati card. They probably pieced together leftovers because they put in a p4 2.6 when I ordered a 2.4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts