Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The All Items Action Replay for Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends won't work. It always has a ? next to it, yet there are people claiming that it works, even on youtube it shows a clip saying that it works. What's going on?

The Action Replay is from CodeJunkies and I'm using No$gba V2.6a and No$Zoomer 2.3.0.2.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
You probably have the wrong language version of Nintendogs for it to work.
Alas, No$GBA's microphone detection is not good enough for Nintendogs, so you won't be able to play the game either way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I'm playing it now and it works perfectly. I have Vista (If that makes any difference) and I have a microphone. I can make my dog do jumps and everything ^_^
If your interested in playing nintendogs, let me know and I'll help.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well then you are the first out of hundreds that have tried.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
If it's something out of the ordinary, then please enlighten us. I've had my virtual pet phase with Tamagochi, but others will want to play it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry to those who don't have vista . . . I only know how to do on Vista, but if the settings are the same on XP then let me know if it works. This is only possible (I think) with Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Double click on the little icon on your tool bar and then Front Mic. Both Playback volume and recording volume should be in the middle. Noise suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation should be unchecked. To the right of the Recording volume there should be a button with a microphone on it called Microphone boost. It should be on 0.0 dB.

Now on Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices go to Recording, go to Front Mic. Microphone boost is 0.0 dB and the Front Mic. is at 100. Advanced is on 2 channel 16 bit 44100Hz (CD Quality).

After all that, go back to the other window called 'Sound' at the top and click configure.
Go to Set up Microphone. Pick your microphone, talk into the microphone and ignore what colour it goes up to and finish. I have no idea if that makes a difference ... but anyway, we're done.

I might also add that some games are weird when turning the microphone on and off in No$Zoomer. On Nintendogs, the mic only works if the mic is turned off at Options > Enable Mic(M). Zelda: Phantom Hourglass works perfectly too when blowing out candles.

So there you have it. I'm sorry if this doesn't help. I know how you feel. Searching the whole internet for a proper answer isn't exactly a good thing. And if it does work, your welcome. ^_^

Hmm . . . First out of Hundreds, huh?
Well maybe it's the microphone itself . . . .
These are its properties:
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 16KHz
Impedance: 2.0K Ohm
Unit: 10 x 7 mm
Sensitivity: 58 db
Maximum Power Input: 0.5mw

There hasn't been any replies recently about the mic problem. I guess it's because of the Title for this thread. If there's anyone who has tried my method, could you please tell me if it worked? I'm a bit curious about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have nintendogs working fine, Dalmation and friends, Shiba Inu and friends and Best friends.. the tip is to turn OFF Joysticks/Gamepads, it seems to lag the processor, its flash mem so I use 256kBytes, Digital stereo @ 44khz.. all the highest settings, works flawlessly. OH, save states do not work, but I use the in game save.

With the joypad on, it took me 45 mins to get the dog to learn its name, and then it wouldnt respond, now, every time. If you have 20db boost in your advanced mic settings, activate that too.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually I'm playing it now and it works perfectly. I have Vista (If that makes any difference) and I have a microphone. I can make my dog do jumps and everything ^_^
If your interested in playing nintendogs, let me know and I'll help.
hello i need help playin nintendogs with the mic prob of sayin the name i cant get pass that how could i pass that part i have vista also and i have a pair of headset with mic on it but it listens to me but then it stops if u can help me im very gratefull

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
He already wrote his settings. Look at post #6. And his last activity was August 2010, so don't expect him to answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.