Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very interesting concept here. When I was wondering through the Nintendo DSi User Agreement, I found some very interesting Topics!!

Look at this example:

Article 6: Submissions

Please do not send us any creative or original materials such as ideas for toys, games, or other products, or any creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information through the Nintendo DSi Service or otherwise. Any unsolicited submissions become our sole and exclusive property and may be used by us with no obligation of confidentiality, payment, or attribution.

This is Nintendo's written argeement that they can and will steal any applicable ideas without payment or credit to it's original author(s).
Read the rest of this article HERE. I you want to post anything regarding this, post if on in this thread.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Quit plugging your ****ing site.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
*squall and others may not be pleased about the link*

anyway, what did you expect from nintendo. Come on, they have a wide group of people using there service, why not use there ideas instead of there own, it makes perfect buisness sence.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Quit plugging your ****ing site.
Quit accusing me of this. As I keep trying to say, EC is completely independant of your "typical" emulator site. It's not a competitor and mainly up for researching.

*squall and others may not be pleased about the link*

anyway, what did you expect from nintendo. Come on, they have a wide group of people using there service, why not use there ideas instead of there own, it makes perfect buisness sence.
Well honestly we already new Nintendo were sketchy like this, but this seems far more extreme than expected, Could this mean Nintendo's attempt of desperation? Who knows. :/

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Could this mean Nintendo's attempt of desperation? Who knows. :/

look at it this way, they have a constant stream of ideas coming in, they will never have to waste time making them up themself, thus saving them time and money.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
can i ask you a favor on the article. colour blind to red on that background and its hard as hell to see, any chance you will be able to change it or should i just highlight.

Hosting, Intercepting, Emulating, and Reverse-Engineering Prohibited

You may not host, intercept, emulate, or reverse engineer any part of the Nintendo DSi System or the Nintendo DSi Service.
also i think this may be a more promanent issue than the one above, and one that could completely feck emulation of future systems up for good.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Bla bla, yadda yadda. Nintendo can write in their agreement all they want, in the end it's the law that counts, and this one cannot overwrite any governing laws in any country.

But yeah, what they're writing in the part you quoted can be true. Give away your idea, Nintendo can claim a patent on it and you're left with nothing. Perhaps you can still get a share if you can prove you had the initial idea and they capitalized on it before you even had a chance, but I doubt it'll work.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
I'm pretty close to deleting your massive signature, mdkcheatz. It takes up half the damn page. You're lucky I haven't seen you post anywhere outside of the bin......yet

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
i'll give you a cookie if you do :)

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
look at it this way, they have a constant stream of ideas coming in, they will never have to waste time making them up themself, thus saving them time and money.
tis true milord. but nintendo seem to be using their past reputation to gain popularity. But quite frankly they screwed up with the nintendo wii and the motion sensor. this ought to harm this rep they live on.

i give'em credit 4 originality, but they admitted to the laziness they put into the wiimote. The motion sencor worked off of a calculation of speed from point A to point B rather than real motion detection.

This is terrible because it greatly limied how games could be made, so now consumers have to purchase wiimote add-ons soley based on their screwup. New games wont play without it :/

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
This is terrible because it greatly limied how games could be made, so now consumers have to purchase wiimote add-ons soley based on their screwup. New games wont play without it :/
= more profit for nintendo, which makes me assume it is not a screw up, just good business.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
can i ask you a favor on the article. colour blind to red on that background and its hard as hell to see, any chance you will be able to change it or should i just highlight.

also i think this may be a more promanent issue than the one above, and one that could completely feck emulation of future systems up for good.
I fail to see why it would be emulated on a PC or any system, while technically possible, the two cameras would make this not very usable on a PC. Sure you can hook them up, but you would have to have them both pointing in different directions, etc...It doesn't sound like fun.

Of course I'm not into the DSi or the PSP Go.....

It would be interesting if they did take an emulation author to court over it, I'd assume they'd win just because they could afford expensive lawyers...

:evil:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It would be interesting if they did take an emulation author to court over it, I'd assume they'd win just because they could afford expensive lawyers...

:evil:
the bleem puns are strong with this one.

:)

·
Registered
10,973 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
@Mdkcheatz thanks for changing the writing colour.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Its win-win for nintendo in this case though. In order to get the game you must buy more giving them more money:rolleyes:

Aye, but this kind of manuvoure, whether intentional or just a cock-up, can cost approval rating to go down and risk later consoles, especially in a desperate market worldwide.

@Mdkcheatz thanks for changing the writing colour.
Anytime :p

Also, I neglect to post the more important one because I am awaiting on a contact with a lawyer to get the hard facts about the legailties of it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.