Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried with multiple graphic, CD and sound plugins and a couple B's but it just won't load, it stays black all day long, has anyone else gotten it to work?

Should I try a different emulator or get a different B or just some kind of plugin? What about Plugin settings?

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering.

(It's sad really, only registered just to ask this question. xD )

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
post your system specs, O/S included. as far as testing it goes, you will want try it on a different emulator like psx since it can rule a number of things out depending on what it does. if it doesnt work then you might have a damaged disc or a bad image. on that note, do any other games work for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NHL 2000 works though, and I am running an ISO, not from the disc.

Windows Vista 64 bit (I think)
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6ghz (800mhz each); 2 cores
NVIDIA Geforce 6150
2gb of Ram

Your usual ridiculous laptop that preforms half as good as it should.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I tried PSXeven and some other one which I can't recall to try it, still didn't work.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try it from the disc then, it sounds like the image is the problem. if your disc works fine then that confirms this, you will just need to make another image if you prefer to play the game that way (which most people do since it can give better performance). if you need to do this i suggest you clean the disc real good first and then use one of the guides found in this thread to show you how to make a new one, since they are written with psx games specifically in mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got a new ISO, still doesn't work, now ePSXe complains about cpka.dll is missing from the plugins directory and PSXeven tries to kill the graphics driver. :drool:

Has anyone else tried NHL 98?

EDIT: Okay, fixed the cpka.dll (was the netplay plugin, but I didn't have one) And now ePSXe has an illegal operation when I run NHL 98... =_=

EDIT2: Figured it out, had to mount the ISO using magic disc and then run it using PSXeven, haven't tested it with ePSXe but it should work all the same. ^_^ Yay for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts