Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NGEmu news posters need a kick in the butt to start working again or maybe bring in new people to keep the site updated. Tons of stuff is not being reported again and usually news doesn't get posted unless someone says something so ..

My suggestion for NGEmu is to get some new news posters to keep the site updated on a regular basis. :p

Oh and expand to the newer systems such as PSP and DS since the PSP has a nice collection of emulators for it and the DS is starting to really pick up.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
If it weren't for a few DC fans here, I wouldn't even be submitting DC news anymore just because it won't be picked up anyway...

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah and I am surprised they never posted about the P.E.Op.S SPU2 release since it is pretty mainstream which NGEmu sticks to and is PCSX2 related which most people come here for besides ePSXe support. Its been two days and on most news sites that is considered old news now :D

Most of the other stuff they are missing is not exactly "mainstream" or stuff they usually like to cover such as the new Saturn emulator SaturnTV which had a progress update on the 2nd. A new progress report from the Dreamcast emulator dcemu is another. Some FPSE port news to the GP2X and possibly PSP which could be considered Playstation news. SMSAdvance for the GBA which is an emulator for a system and NGEmu usually stays away from these types of releases. I think they need to cover these because this type of emulation is the future of the scene and will be the "nextgen" scene of the future. The systems become to powerful to emulate .. but perfect for emulating other systems on them. The recent unofficial VBA releases should have been covered and are news worthy. Finally as I mentioned above they should expand to the PSP and DS since like I said these types of emulation (emulators for systems) is the future.

G

·
NGEmu will see a huge change (in news coverage as well as in style, backend and staff) starting october the 5th - that's pretty much the time area, where I'll get back to work on the site (if you missed it: I did nothing on the site/staff side for roughly 10 months).

Until then, there's not much I can personally do about it because of my schedule, but we'll get back to the quality we had last year soon.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Bobbi, I hope you will read this now, I tried to contact you through email and PM about roughly the same issue, did the messages come through or not? I never had a reply to them and it never left a good feeling about it...

·
Premium Member
8,394 Posts
Bobbi said:
NGEmu will see a huge change (in news coverage as well as in style, backend and staff) starting october the 5th - that's pretty much the time area, where I'll get back to work on the site (if you missed it: I did nothing on the site/staff side for roughly 10 months).

Until then, there's not much I can personally do about it because of my schedule, but we'll get back to the quality we had last year soon.
nice to see you posting Bobbi :)
and cant wait to see the changes

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
October 5th is right around the corner .. any news regarding NGEmu v3? Maybe a teaser or two :D

(NGEmu's B-Day is on the 6th of October for those that don't know .. and is usually the day major changes happen.)

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
And even if it takes a little longer, I'll be waiting for it. It's better to take your time than to rush to keep up a deadline, especially when there's no real reason to make it before the deadline expires :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.