Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Wanted to post this earlier, but my illness kept me from it ... as you guys already noticed I guess, we're on our new server by now. Although it wasn't possible to donate yet, we paid it out of our own pocket so far.

Gladly, many people offered to donate in the last thread (and some of them already did), but as I saw in the stats, most people didn't read the old thread any more, so I thought I'd make this new one :)

When you're logged in, you can now see a "PayPal" button on the left handed side of the main menu. Clicking on that one gets you to the donation site, where you can simply donate something.

On the other hand, I'd like to get some responses about the speed you're getting from the new server in this thread ... please post your location and the aprox. speed you're getting from there.

Thanks and best regards,

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I'm from Brazil and I'm satisfied with the speed of the new server. It's just as fast as the old one(which was very fast, at least for me).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I'm from Portugal and too tell the truth I didn't noticed much diference in the speed (56kbs Modem) :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
im from canada and i have cable that goes in exess of 400k a second average and for some reason this server seems slower ...but more than a few high bandwith sucking cable connectoins have ways of bringing low mhz/ram server machines to there knees this could be one of them what kind of machine is it running on ? for the amount of people on ...it should at least be dual processor with 1 gig of ram

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m from east coast USA on 56k (get about 48kbps) and the main page is a bit of a pain to load (graphics don’t seem to stay in cache), but the boards are fine.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Prof. E. Gadd
I’m from east coast USA on 56k (get about 48kbps) and the main page is a bit of a pain to load (graphics don’t seem to stay in cache), but the boards are fine.
Ive got that problem at home too, now cos im on a t3 connection through college, im happy :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Hairybudda

Ive got that problem at home too, now cos im on a t3 connection through college, im happy :D
Yea I didn't have this problem a few days ago when I had @Home, but I switched to avoid losing Internet completely. What really sucks is they reached an agreement and now won't be cut off and I’m stuck with what I got. (for now)

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
No change here, seems as fast as ever. :)

I have a 256/128 Kbps ADSL, and I live in Brazil.

[]s Badaro

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
The loading time seems a little bit slower than the old server for some reason.. I'm on a T3.. philippines..

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
I'm on T3 as well here....and i think it's the same as the old one.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I see there are a lot of schools with a T3 connection!! :eyes:

Man... at my school we have to put up with ISDL (or something like that) shared by 10 old PCs :(

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
ngemu.com has become the slowest server for me..even madonion.com is faster than it ( madonion.com was the slowest last time ).

Dont get me wrong, im not complaining ;)

Asia.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ok, I'm from germany and the new server is as fast as the old one. I have a 56k-connection.

Where is the server located?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
This new server seems to be a little bit slower.....
but since it appears to me there is more information in this site than in the other one....It won't make a difference....
(I'm from Brazil- 56kbps)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts