Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I'm proud to announce my complete re-write of our compatibility script, which took up all my time this weekend - however, I guess it was worth it. For all of you who didn't know yet, NGEmu always had a compatibility list, which already reached over 300 entries, although it was never really linked from the mainpage.

That's different now with the new script: Below the forum highlights on your right handed side, you'll find the last 10 (confirmed) additions to our list. Furthermore, there's a link under "Site features" in the left menu. This new compatibility list comes with some nice features compared to the old one, like :<ul><li>Registered members are able to fill in their PC configuration once in their board profile, and won't have to do it again with every submittion. Same goes with e-mail, homepage and nickname.
<li>Seperated fields for PC config and emulator config
<li>Quick info page, and detailed infos after you clicked a games link
<li>Automatic search for compatibility with other emus
<li>Much easier submit mask</ul>But enough talking, go and check out the new list yourself <a href="/compat/index.php">here</a>. Of course, it's still quite empty, but with the support of our members, we should be able to make one of the biggest ones out there out of it soon !

Keep in mind the list might still contain bugs and not all emulators are in there yet, for example GBA emus are completly missing. I'll fix the last remaining bugs and add the other emus tomorrow, but I hope that you understand that I'm not in the mood any more after I spent about 15 hours this weekend with programming this script.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Will work on it right now. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Much better then before, but I see some flaws in it. When you click on the console there is no way to tell what compatibility reports are in the list. Maybe an "All" category would be good, that way we don't have to click every letter to see what reports are there. Another one is there is no link back to the main site, other then that seems to work good. Keep up the good work Bobbi.

Edit: I also don't think the search function is working, or i can't figure out how to use it. When I click Search it brings me back to the main Compatibility Page with the three consoles. Then I click a console and it just shows the emulators with the entries like normal. How does the search function work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts