Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions/concerns/comments about the contest here.

Well my question is if the winning 'commercial' will actually be used for something?
Like is it going to be posted as an advertisement on other sites to bring other members here?
Or is it a 'just for fun' contest?

(The commercial's quality/content will depend on what its going to be used for; so I think these are appropriate questions to ask. :D)

·
Registered
560 Posts
We have no plans to run it as a real ad. I don't think youtube quality videos would convert well.
Have fun with it. :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can upload them where you'd like. YouTube is the most obvious and we have the tags here. But you can use another video hosting site or self host if your prefer.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I'd prefer youtube rather than self hosting, coz even if i don't win people will be watching the video as a commercial. :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
is using a background music<from a song> and pictures/clips from videos posted by other user allowed??
Well don't be a jerk and rip off somebody else. I would ask the other user to make sure they're cool with it.
But yeah, you can use background music and whatnot, so long as youtube allows it. I wouldn't use a Metallica song or somebody who gets all sue happy. YouTube would have to remove your video.

and can we have multiple entries?
Sure. But you're only going to have 1 line in the voting poll. So people would be voting for your entries all together.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Well don't be a jerk and rip off somebody else. I would ask the other user to make sure they're cool with it.
But yeah, you can use background music and whatnot, so long as youtube allows it. I wouldn't use a Metallica song or somebody who gets all sue happy. YouTube would have to remove your video.

ahh....so metallica would have to be removed from my list :p j/k

k thanks for the quike........i would begin making it as soon as my exams get over :p

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
i was going to upload it but i found something that i could change, so i will upload it tommorow. "FOR SURE" :thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
oh cool. Then we'll get a pic of you two together holding signs with your user names, right?
Because that would be really uncool if someone had more than one account to vote for themselves.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts