Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
my exams are almost done and there is way to much to sort out before I would even get to doing anything on this forum. So you guys tell me what to do to help and I shall. I think we really need to divy up the duties to make peoples lives easier. This do whatever you want structure seems to make a few people who frequent the board often do all the work while aothers like me who log in once a day perhaps for an half and hour have no idea what is going on.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Create the crazy threads awards poll and you'll make me infinitely happy :) Other than that we are almost done to open the awards. After that we have to monitor and keep track of any problems in order to keep everything in check

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
** Current status **

- member of year: list ok. ready to roll

- board of year: list ok. ready to roll.

- thread of year: list ok. ready to roll.

- desktops: list and gallery finally ok. ready to roll

- staff of year: list ok (who removed 2 names?). ready to roll.

- most helpful member thread: list finally ok. ready to roll.

- emu innovation: list nearly ok. if neonDS isnt considered innovating enough, i suppose this one is ready to roll.

- avatars/sigs of year: poll is up.
GALLERY: still missing razor's sig (the shiny cactus-like pic). once added to gallery, ready to roll.

- artist of year thread: poll ok. ready to roll.
GALLERY: A sample work for MIRETANK in the artists gallery thread is still *missing*. anything by him, even a desktop or a vista theme screenshot.

- new member of year: list "ok" (mudlord has a more appropriate spot among coders list though). once fixed, ready to roll.

- coder of year: list nearly ok. mudlord should REALLY needs to go to the coders thread poll considered to be switched to there instead of 'new member'. once this is cleared, ready to roll. at least noone nominated hushy as a new member... :p

- Crazy thread of year: someone create this thread with poll. voting thread still needs to be created. list of bin threads open to discussion. will need quick check before going live.
once fixed and discussed, should be ready to roll

GENERAL STATUS OF AWARD: one voting thread stills to be created, gallery thread needs small update, nominee to go to appropriate category.

REALLY close to go live

People, check the stuff and notify of updates after this post.
Notify committee people concerned *before* getting this live, for validation.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have sent two PM's to Razor Blade but he has yet to reply. I'll concede about mudlord and switch awards, since you seem to be so adamant about it :p

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I'm making the thread with a poll close date of the end of December. This will most likely just be preliminary anyhow for crazy.

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
mire has made a bunch of cool vista themes if i remember correctly. his deviantart is full of them. obviously, strict separation between artwork and desktop not really applicable here :p

Check post 46. list of bin threads is also somewhat ridiculous. if there's any that deserves to get listed/added, drop a note here. many significant ones were left out, including the "demands thread" ;)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well I posted a sample bins thread based on the last list of possible bin threads you posted HCK. I suggest we just edit it until its mostly perfect then post a final one.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
What I meant by edit was add and delete nominations not formating. I dont see what is so difficult. It seems as much work as any other thread.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well it was in the list from HKR on the other page. I thought it was actually a title which is why I included it. Maybe it was meant as a placeholder or something. Best ask HKR before your post that one.

Sorry I keep forgetting I have edit powers on your posts and keep clicking the edit button instead of quote by accident.

Also I did not know you could add links to poll items. BTW: how do I edit them. I believe that HKR kinda self-nomiated Demands thread so it can take the ??? place.

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
nah, the demands thingie was just a lol at how the coolest threads unexpectedly were not submitted by people

--------------------------------------------

** Current status **

- member of year: list ok. ready to roll

- board of year: list ok. ready to roll.

- thread of year: list ok. ready to roll.

- desktops: list and gallery finally ok. ready to roll

- staff of year: list ok (who removed 2 names?). ready to roll.

- most helpful member thread: list finally ok. ready to roll.

- emu innovation: list nearly ok. since neonDS doesnt seem to be revlutionary enough, i suppose this one is ready to roll.

- new member of year: list ok. ready to roll.

- coder of year: list ok. ready to roll.

- Crazy thread of year: sounds alright, apart from the "??? thread" :p
once fixed, ready to roll

- post of year: sounds ok enough. just edit the poll to list the name of whose post that is. Voting for numbers isn't sufficiently straightforward.

- avatars/sigs of year: list ok. poll ok.
GALLERY: still missing razor's sig (the shiny cactus-like pic. if unavailable, i suppose any of his recent sigs could be posted...). once added to gallery, fully ready to roll.

- artist of year thread: poll ok. ready to roll.
GALLERY: A sample work for MIRETANK in the artists gallery thread is still *missing*. anything by him, even a desktop or a vista theme screenshot. adding a note next to each artist about their "speciality" would be nice (laserjohn seems to be a "landscapes" person, for example :p)

GENERAL STATUS OF AWARD:
lists are ok.
polls are ok, though crazy threads' would need the entry removed.
gallery thread needs *very minor* update.

READY for prime time

Discuss, and check polls and gallery, in case anything was forgotten.
If everything looks alright, notify here.
Apart from the very minor stuff I noted, I say this event is ready to roll anytime after a sufficient number of people approve of turning it public *stamps with Seal Of Approval*

41 - 60 of 66 Posts