Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
Couldnt we have just gone MSN directly? :p
Nothing much for now, apart from the already known note about razor's sig. I say his current sig be listed in gal for now, as I suspect he might indeed get no votes just because no sig of his is listed.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wanted to leave a note, I will be out for 3 days or 4 visiting my grandparents. I'll leave the issue with Razor Blade in your hands for now, HCR. I will try to get on while I am out but don't count on it :p

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I'm back from my hiatus. I catched a cold during my holidays and my head aches like hell but aw well :p

A good point has beeen brought into consideration. Whatever happened to the Ckemu idiot thread?

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
doesnt look like there's much more voting going on now. A final visible encouragement to people for them to vote wouldn't be inappropriate.

other than that, leaving voting open for around 3 days sounds appropriate, no need leaving it stalled more than that.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Indeed, something of the sort would be helpful. And like you said, It'd seem that most people have voted by now, so leaving it open till Tuesday, Wednesday or so sounds like a wise decision. Let's just decide on a specific date so that we can make it public

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
date isnt that important. results would have to be processed first, and *prize winners* listed, before it could be turned public. as long as prizes havent been announced yet, anything they get will be much appreciated.

wouldve been neat to catch others offguard too (everyone is expecting only red stars. so that noone decrease dissapointment chances, adding something else would be nice), with another visible gratification (like the Award Showcase thingy mentioned earlier, which could be used for other purposes as well, like for example manual/auto-tagging people with visible gratifications depending on specific 'achievements', like wins in awards, being a member for a certain period, and similar stuff)

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah I was talking about making the closing of the voting time public, so that all the late-voters would have an idea of how much they could procrastinate :p

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
switching inet service right now, so i might not be available the next 2 days.

mind to have announcement draft readied and open for discussion, proto? the current vote trends dont look like theyll change any significantly, so for all purposes voting period is basically over.
prizes need to be discussed and set *before* the results announcement as well, plus the names of prize getters. i'll try dropping by again tomorrow at same time

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't have to be anything complicated

In the name of the staff team, we would like to thank all the people who have voted so far, and who have helped in making this event a success. Sadly, as with all things, the voting period is coming to an end. The polls will be closed at _____ so, for all the people who haven't voted yet we would like to remind them that this is your last chance to make your voice heard.

Thank you, and look forward to the results announcement.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I suggest Saturday as the closing date and winners announcement. Gives people a few more days to vote.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As HCR suggested, the winners announcement needs a little more cork and concensus, but I agree on the closing date.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Sounds like a good closing date.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts