Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A year has passed, a lot of things happened, a handful of people were banned and thus, this year's awards have come to and end as well. In the name of the Ngemu Awards 2006 committee, I would like to thank the admins and each one of the members of our community for making these awards the success they were. Through the effort of each one of us we have made emuforums what it is today. However, we have to give credit where it is due, and after 10 days of voting the ngemu people have declared these persons/emulators as the 2006 winners:

Desktop of the year:

1st place: CKemu: 30 votes
2nd place: Miretank: 18 votes
3rd place: zman982: 13 votes

Some people may say it is the eye candy, like zman982 and the 13 people who thought his work was good enough for him standing in the podium. Other people may say it's the effects or the color balance, like Miretank and the people that have followed his work in the Desktop thread, and that deemed him worthy enough of a 2nd place. But CKemu said nay to that and took quite an straightforward approach toward his art ideal. An ideal that was shared by quite a handful of people, who rewarded him with the 1st place. :p Congrats to you three, sickos.

Artwork of the year

1st place: Mr. Killjoy: 29 votes
2nd place: rakmskey1309: 15 votes
3rd place: TheCloudOfSmoke: 13 votes

Even though we had quite quite a number of Picassos wann... I mean of talented artists this year, these are the people who emerged as winners. Special congratulations to Mr Killjoy, who made justice to his title as the president of the pessimists club and managed to plaster his feelings over his work; and yet, leaving a ray of hope, like if telling us he is still struggling to approach that faint light. Hey, that's how I saw it, leave me alone :p

Most helpful member of the year

1st place: hushypushy: 16 votes
1st place: refraction: 16 votes
3rd place: CKemu: 15 votes
3rd place: RPGW1ZaRD: 15 votes

I don't know if they just agreed to evenly divide the community votes, but I think this gentlemanish near-tie says something about how the members see these 4 persons. Thanks for all the headaches you have saved us from.

Sub-forum of the year:

1st place: PCSX2 Support: 29 votes
2nd place: Open Discussion: 16 votes
3rd place: General Pictures: 12 votes

I am seeing right? Do you actually mean Open Discussion didn't win this year? Aw well, whatever was the comet or miracle that caused this, I think this talks well about how we are returning to the type of community we are supposed to be, a group of people that gladly helps others with the troubles they have during their emulation experience... or something like that. If you ask me I voted for Open Discussion. :laugh: General pictures only managed to get a 3rd place but wait, the people there did their comeback in another award.

1st place: The Cloud Of Smoke: 23 votes
2nd place: jkkdark: 18 votes
2nd place: Player-X: 18 votes

Like many people have said, TCoS's avatar plastered in a very little image the dream many of us shared during our young years... to blow the ****ing head of that ****ing dog!!! DIE YOU ****ing DOG, DIE!!

Ahem, congratulations to Jkkdark and his Nyuu award as well. As with many people, it also took me a while to realize it was an animated gif. And who could forget the panic button? Well, 18 persons did not, and they thought Player-X's avatar was worthy of a well deserved 3rd place.

Signature of the year:

1st place: jonc2006: 32 votes
2nd place: refraction: 21 votes
2nd place: CKemu: 21 votes

Studies report that posting on an emulation board can actually enlarge your pleasure! The next generation of spam mail's! 32 people can't possibly be lying! etc... congrats jonc2006 :)

Due recognition is also given to refraction's and CKemu's display of art. Not everyday can you see signatures of those quality and work. :thumb:

Fanboy of the year:

1st place: JKKDARK (old school Sega fanboy): 33 votes
2nd place: Cid Highwind (Dreamcast): 10 votes
3rd place: Industrian (Drinking): 9 votes

Dethroning Cid Highwind as Sega's maximum representative JKKDark will be now bestowed as the President of the dead consoles fanclub. However, Cid Highwind has been reported as the 2nd place, and the last time I saw him he had a "I'll be back" trademark face, so you better be wary JKKDARK :)

Fortunately, Industrian and his drinking habit only got him a 3rd place, any more and I'd be worried about our community's sanity. But congratulations nevertheless Industrian. In fact I love collecting videos of people drinking so I can latter blackmail them so if you have any feel free to send them to me.

Emu innovation of the year:

1st place: PCSX2: 96 votes
2nd place: pSX emulator: 35 votes
3rd place: gpSP: 11 votes

In an unexpected turn of events, PCSX2 got the 1st place in the Emu Innovation of the year.... again.

But of course we must give around of applauses to psx emulator and gpsP, whose unparalleled capabilities have maintained the whole of the emulation community in woe for the past year. Their names shall be immortalized in Ngemu's hall of fame.

Thread of the year:

1st place: Perpetual Funny Pictures Thread: 19 votes
2nd place: Pictures of your new games: 13 votes
3rd place: I'm feeling a little down...: 8 votes
3rd place: Is this possible?: 8 votes

The General picture's didn't like the fact that they only got 3rd in the Sub-forum of the year category, so they thought it was only fair it they got the 1-2 in this award instead.

And Gano... wherever you may be: If you ever feel suicidal again, just look back at this place. The people here love you, and would love to have you back so they can laugh at you again.. err.. express how much they love you, for the community has awarded you with not one, but TWO 3rd places :p

New member of the year:

1st place: Industrian: 24 votes
2nd place: RPGW1ZaRD: 20 votes
3rd place: Jkkdark: 16 votes

As (in Ngemu years) young as they may be, in the short time they have been with us they have already managed to make a lasting impression on us old geezers. And as such, we will reward them with an official Ngemu spamming license. There, now you can spam and flame like us real men of the sea do, without fearing (immediate) consequences.

Staff member of the year:

1st place: hushypushy: 30 votes
2nd place: Ckemu: 24 votes
3rd place: General Plot: 15 votes

Ok now, out of all the evil bosses, Hushypushy turned to be the one the community hates the least, followed by CKemu and General Plot, the people who weren't banned by you this year greatly appreciates your mercy.

Now on a serious note, thanks for all the effort you have put forth for making this place what it is. Forum administration is an often ungrateful task, however, even if its just on this time of the year, please imagine the round of applauses every single member around the world is sending you in this moment. (yeah, that was cheesy, so what!? :p)

Member of the year:

1st place: Cid Highwind: 24 votes
2nd place: Player-X: 11 votes
3rd place: Industrian: 10 votes

And the oscar goes to... Cid Highwind for his participation on "My everyday life on Ngemu". Ok now, I think when a person wins the member of the year award for two consecutive years it is representative of how important that person has been to the community. My most sincere congratulations to Cid Highwind.
However, that doesn't mean that Player-X's contributions on the Open Discussion forum to mantain a high debate level aren't meaningful, on the contrary, thanks to your efforts we have been able to have a great time, us Open Discussion old hags :p

And finally, Industrian, whose adventures throughout Scotland and Holland have captivated the attention of many. Congratulations on your 3rd place.

In an ending note, I would want to give some personal acknowledgments to the people who made this possible. To General Plot, who was part of the committee from the start of the event to its end. To hushy, who gave us many insightful suggestions in the planning stages of the awards. To The Cloud Of Smoke, Silenus and the people who participated in the elaboration of the galleries; to ChankastRules for his personal encouragement, to all the people I may be forgetting but whose help was invaluable; and to you who is reading this, for making this event possible.

And so, I declare the Ngemu Awards 2006 officially closed. Congratulations to the winners

Sincerely yours:

The Ngemu Awards 2006 committee

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Good job with the award. Sad that not to many people voted but I blame lack of advertising and the late start this year. Anyhow good job to everyone.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well in fact this year's awards had more participation than last's, so I guess you could consider it an improvement :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Screw second life, NGEmu ftw! Keep the spam alive. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
"Special congratulations to Mr Killjoy, who made justice to his title as the president of the pessimists club and managed to plaster his feelings over his work; and yet, leaving a ray of hope, like if telling us he is still struggling to approach that faint light. Hey, that's how I saw it, leave me alone "

Close enough Dr. Freud ;)

Thanks for all the votes everyone, I didn't expect to stand out that much in the results o_O It makes me want to keep doing better :)

"Well in fact this year's awards had more participation than last's, so I guess you could consider it an improvement "

Really? In the beginning, I thought no one cared at all :s
Oh well, congrats to all the ppl mentionned in the 1st post :D

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Hey, don't you dare to forget the 2nd place winaaz :(

Thanks to everyone whom voted on me, on both Member of The Year and Desktop awards. :)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
congrats to the winners and also very nice awards by the award comitte,very well organised thanks to them to

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners, and special Congratulations to Proto, he did an excellent job ( aside from missing a few of my nominations, and making some spelling mistakes :D ) and the other people on the committee as well.

D.S. Proto now that this is done... don't escape any longer from the chess challange. :p ( I know we never appear to be availiable at the same time ) but... one of these days....

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
to all the people I may be forgetting but whose help was invaluable; and to you who is reading this, for making this event possible.

And so, I declare the Ngemu Awards 2006 officially closed. Congratulations to the winners

Sincerely yours:

The Ngemu Awards 2006 committee

You forgot me!! HOW COULD YOU!! :cry::cry::cry:

oh wait... i didnt do anything.. :heh:

anyhow congrats to all those who one and damn you hushy for ridding me of my glory ;p

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
OMG didint notice this i am Picasos number 2...weeeeeeeeee :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts