Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comments, complaints and general talk about the awards go in this thread. Feel free to tell us your opinion :)

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
10 days later, and still nothing in this thread... amazing. Usually people are quick to not leave an open thread hanging. Oh well.

Anyway, my only complaint is a small general one. For some of the awards, a few really good choices (that I would've voted for) were not even included. Of course, that's the way it goes, but I figured I'd mention it, since nobody has seen fit to provide any feedback in here at all...

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
I think this thread had posts in it when it was hidden to the public but the posts were deleted when it was made viewable to the public (I could be wrong, it could have been another similar titled thread).

What kind of choices did you have in mind GM? Even though it's too late to add them in now, it wouldn't hurt to bring some attention on the ones who weren't nominated.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Anyway, my only complaint is a small general one. For some of the awards, a few really good choices (that I would've voted for) were not even included. Of course, that's the way it goes, but I figured I'd mention it, since nobody has seen fit to provide any feedback in here at all...

·
Administrator
15,454 Posts
very nice awards the categories are awesome and its very nicely palnned
thanks for the work:thumb:
it wasn't nicely planned :p It was supposed to start at the end of november, but we apparently got lazy ;)

~off topic~
btw Silenus I like Shirou's UBW chant better than Archer's :p
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unaware of loss.
Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create many weapons.
Waiting for one's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was "Unlimited Blade Works."

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Despite being late, thanks a lot for this year's awards, a great job has been done and I think most of us members really enjoyed them :thumb:

Now where are the rewards... eh awards?

Some swirls instead of stars would be nice :evil:

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
I really enjoyed the awards and being part of the team. It's going to be kind of boring without them now :(. Also, if the committee still needs help when next year's awards come around, I would love to help again.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Me too.
Wish I could keep the stars. :emb:

Yeloazndevil.
Yes I've seen both of them, great anime.
I have Archer's 'cause my Sig was with the girl from FFXIII holding her sword.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Only feedback I have is I find it unfair that someone who joined in Jan 2005 (Industrian) quilifies as a 'new user' just because they were not very active in 05. RPGwizard should have the win. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Only feedback I have is I find it unfair that someone who joined in Jan 2005 (Industrian) quilifies as a 'new user' just because they were not very active in 05. RPGwizard should have the win. Just my thoughts.
Possibly a case of 'quality not quantity'.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Indeed, the case you mention is something we considered deeply, but in the end we decided to leave Industrian there for the reason you mentioned. However, that doesn't lessen RPGwizard efforts an inch.

In any case, for next year's awards the rules for qualifying for New member of the year will most surely be stricter, so rest assured, this will not happen again in future years :)

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Good awards... my only complain is some of my nominations wasn't voteable in the awards! Probably my fault for editing the post instead of adding a new one though.

·
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if I become a committee member for next year's awards I'll be sure to have it into consideration.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I want the old hardware guru to come back =(
You should have left the suggestion before the vote in the suggestions thread!

Well if I become a committee member for next year's awards I'll be sure to have it into consideration.
If you become... you are kidding right? you are MR award committee now :)

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Given the volume of complaints with the Emu innovation of the year 2006, perhaps it should be transformed somewhat;

Emu Innovation of the Year (Specificly Named Innovation) eg;
PCSX2 - The use of multi-threading technology to enhance emulation speed.
pSX - Accurate Emulation of the PS1, avoiding hacks, and other shortcuts.

New Emulator of the Year
Anything new in 2007, thats caught the imaginations of our user base.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.