Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
W3C has no real power. They may set the so-called "standards," but they are only standards if everyone agrees on them and supports them. If I remember correctly, W3C is just a conference of business owners (M$oft is a member). Of course, anyone can be a member - if you want to pay the hefty admission ticket.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well in the end its just a fact of suggested standards, and as such there is no real obligation to follow them to the letter. Failing to do so will not get the internet police in front of your home, however the drawbacks are a little more subtle. When each creator builds their page the way they prefer, instead of sticking to a given format, it hampers the development of future technologies like more efficient search engines (cmon... It is clear that even google search algorithm is far from being the most efficient) based on a deeper and more accurate page analysis made possible because of an unified schema, or the creation of a total internet knowledge database, only to mention some.

So in the end, it's true, the page still renders properly, and on an individual level nothing will happen really. However if you care for the larger picture standards are a must.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Even though fixing it isn't necessary, it's good that someone pointed out to these things, feedback can only be positive :)

It's up to Bobbi if he feels like doing something about it.

G

·
The biggest issue with that W3C stuff is that it doesn't support some commands ... like the height command. You can use height though if you use CSS - so all you basicly do is to use another command. And in all honesty, I sometimes wonder where the use is :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no need to offense since i made a simple post not offending anyone,now please Bobbi,do me favor,i dont want to make part of a community where the people offend others for no reason,please delete my register,thank you,btw thank you Cid for being respectful to me and Badaro well he knows me from emufanatics ;)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Blah, you just met the wrong people (Flare) at the wrong moment (when Flare's awake :p). Don't take it personal, deep inside Flare85 loves meeting new people.

Disclaimer: The above post is a fictional work. As such any match with any real nick is merely coincidental, and should not be taken seriously. NGemu is a trademark of Bobbi Inc.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Proto said:
Blah, you just met the wrong people (Flare) at the wrong moment (when Flare's awake :p). Don't take it personal, deep inside Flare85 loves meeting new people.

Disclaimer: The above post is a fictional work. As such any match with any real nick is merely coincidental, and should not be taken seriously. NGemu is a trademark of Bobbi Inc.
I didn't just meet Felipe. He posted news all the time at EmuFanatics and was a semi-regular there. So, I'm aware of who he is.

I'm not seeing where anybody (including myself) was offensive towards him, either. If he's going to get offended over a statement that roughly parallels the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" cliche, then it's probably a good idea he does leave. No insulting or derogatory comments were directed at him, but he decides to make a big deal out of nothing, anyway.

My suggestion is to just put a tampon in and get over it. <-- Now, that's offensive.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Felipe, no offense, if you get offended by what Flare said then...all i can say is good luck with Real Life.... your gonna have to deal with much worse then that o_O

in the end, i think Proto's first post sums this up pretty nicely

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
In that case, I'm severely offended that he just barged in here and demanded that the page be "fixed" to conform to W3C standards. Just delete my account. I can't take rejection of this sort ever again. Boo hoo... :cry:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Obviously it's about the 'who gives a ****?' comment, which can be read in the 'Al Bundy :p ' way, or the 'yeah thank you for pointing out at stuff we don't care about now **** off' way.

On the other hand, Felipefpl could've pointed out at the errors instead of 'demanding' they should get fixed. The internet life is hard without smileys to support your written, unemotional text ;)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Nobody said "**** off." I said nobody cares. People make a big deal out of standards like you're breaking the law if you don't follow them. The entire point of my last post was that, if he does take it that way, his post could be taken offensively in some twisted way.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
>>>Nobody said "**** off." I said nobody cares.

I didn't say you said that, all I wanted to point out was that what you said in your initial reply to Felipefpl could've been interpret that way.

I wasn't talking about the discussion about the standards and whether or not they need to be followed.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Let's all get over ourselves and have a little backbone. Bobbi has spoken, enough.

-Closed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.