Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago I heard a rumour that there is movie coming, based on Anime serie Neon Genesis Evangelion, and that Jennifer Garner was to be in role of Misato(anyone who has seen this serie knows who I'm talking about)... Well, I'd like to hear that if any of this is true...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Radix865 said:
Few weeks ago I heard a rumour that there is movie coming, based on Anime serie Neon Genesis Evangelion, and that Jennifer Garner was to be in role of Misato(anyone who has seen this serie knows who I'm talking about)... Well, I'd like to hear that if any of this is true...
I've read about it in my (language) portal... guess we have to wait and see what they gonna do :)

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
I recommend you to visit: http://eva.trivialbeing.net/ They are just rumours, that Jennifer Garner will have a role. From this site you can find more info about the movie.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Yup. Movie exists, though it wont be ready for years, so all you can see are some concept arts etc...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I fear this :/ . I really doubt Evangelion can work as a movie, it's just too complex.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I-Chan said:
I fear this :/ . I really doubt Evangelion can work as a movie, it's just too complex.
My thoughts exactly.

Radix, this was discussed earlier in this forum aswell, so you might want search to get some info and people's thoughts about this. Just dont start necromancing since those threads have been dead for months.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I-Chan said:
yeah... also evangelion made in hollywood... I don't see it either

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Is it made in hollywood? oO I thought its just high budget japanese live-action film. My god, now all hope is gone...

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MaZa, I tried to find a thread about this but search found nothing...

but as for me I'm REEAAALLLY scared... I mean you know what hollywood will do, the actors for Shinji, asuka and rei will be, something like 30 and they think they can act as fourteen... come on...
But I'm also interested, how are they make evas and the angels look like?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Radix865 said:
But I'm also interested, how are they make evas and the angels look like?
I guess that few milion US$ and mangas, hundrets of hours really muscled PCs and we'll se that they are really similar one that those in manga/anime :innocent: (just my wish :p)

·
pee comes out the weewee
79 Posts
i know this is a wee bit off topic, but what is the difference between neon genesis: the end of evangelion and neon genesis evangelion: death and rebirth? is it the same movie, just one has extra features? i just ordered neon genesis: the end of evangelion, i just want to konw if i missed out on anything by getting that instead of the other

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Yes, I heard about this project a year or two ago. Only thing I know for certain is that the sfx is being done by Weta workshop (the guys who did the effects for LOTR, so you can be more or less certain there won't be much problems with making the robots look realistic ;)) and is slated for a summer 2006 release (which puts it directly in competition with DOOM).

See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400911/maindetails for more information

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
K-a-R-u-P-t said:
i know this is a wee bit off topic, but what is the difference between neon genesis: the end of evangelion and neon genesis evangelion: death and rebirth? is it the same movie, just one has extra features? i just ordered neon genesis: the end of evangelion, i just want to konw if i missed out on anything by getting that instead of the other
Death & Rebirth is first part of NGE movie, and EoE is final part. Like OVA 1 and 2.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Almost. Death is a summary of the series with some added scenes and info, Rebirth is the first part of the movie, and End is the second half :) .

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I-Chan said:
Almost. Death is a summary of the series with some added scenes and info, Rebirth is the first part of the movie, and End is the second half :) .
Thats what i meant. Didnt find any better way to describe it with my english skill. :heh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts