Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm playing NFS titles on either ePSXE or Duckstation and using the correct control configs I can get the car to steer and move but each time I turn it causes the horn to sound depending on how long I hold the turn. What's even more strange is the setup screen of the games configs show the horn set to the D-Up button which I never even touch!

PS: I couldn't find any dedicated forums then this to ask this as most forums are either dead or they do chat speak only. Hope that isn't the same here and NO spam replies please! I'm sick of em so you know who you are! It makes me feel like 馃ぎ馃敨.

For those who reply seriously and actually want to help me about my horn issues in game thanks amigos! 馃槉

Update: The problem seems to be with my Xbox one controller but on my PS1 controller by VILAROS Retro Gaming I don't have this issue. I don't get why one USB controller would have this issue but the other does not?
馃浉
馃檭

Not a Registered User
Cause the controller could be busted? Simple as that, you may not be press D-Pad up but depending how the dpad itself is built and damaged pressing left or right could also push in the up.

In a lot of controllers the dpad is one piece and not 4 separate buttons it's why you can't press up and down together or left and right.

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cause the controller could be busted? Simple as that, you may not be press D-Pad up but depending how the dpad itself is built and damaged pressing left or right could also push in the up.

In a lot of controllers the dpad is one piece and not 4 separate buttons it's why you can't press up and down together or left and right.
It also does it with the Analog sticks for driving yet it's only a problem on the PSX games so it's not my controller as I've said my controller works fine in ALL my other games including America Truck Sim and Euro Truck Sim 2. If my controller was broken I'd not be able to use my sim games with this including Bus Simulator 2018.. This problem is only related to PSX games.

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also the in game screen has it setup so the horn is D-up which means whether I use D pad or Analog sticks to drive it randomly makes the horn go but it's only a problem on PSX emulation. All other games/sims that I've mentioned don't have issues with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts