Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can find the demo at the regular places. Here are some screens I took running on my system. The graphics look similar to NFS:U2, but with updated HDR effects. The cop chases are fun. Looks like I'm buying another NFS game. ;) :D

1280x1024, 4xAA, 16xAF. All options maxxed.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
How does it play? I'm curious about the game, but didn't follow the information on it.

Is it similar in gameplay to the Underground series of NFS or going back more to the Hot Pursuit line. Screens look great though..

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Looks awesome and I will get the demo right now. However im still feeling a little jaded after BF2 so I am a little timid in buying another EA product :s

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Zer0Soul said:
How does it play? I'm curious about the game, but didn't follow the information on it.

Is it similar in gameplay to the Underground series of NFS or going back more to the Hot Pursuit line. Screens look great though..
Seems to be a mixture of both. The cop chases are fun and the sense of speed is a lot better in this game than previous games. But the game also uses a huge city map where all the races take place like in the Underground series.

A few things I like that have changed is that small shrubs, metal poles, and skinny tree trunks don't stop your car anymore. You can smash right through them now. You can also smash through phone booths and other things. Also, there seems to be car damage to other cars that you hit(cops), but your car doesn't sustain any damage. It is a demo though, so that may change in the final game.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
What are the systems requirements? Allthough I'll probably be going with the PS2 version this time around, seeing as the PC version of the last one was already a bit heavy for my system... =P

Reichfuher said:
Looks awesome and I will get the demo right now. However im still feeling a little jaded after BF2 so I am a little timid in buying another EA product :s
It's a completely different developer, though ;)

·
band
5,270 Posts
i downloaded mine from worthplaying. it was fast but i think i got it when it just came out.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Samor said:
I got a torrent (3d gamers)

and the game runs good enough to test it ;) ..but I'm going with the PS2 version indeed :p
You might want to think about that...

-data-

Depending on which version you buy, you'll also receive a different technical set of visuals. The PC, GameCube, and Xbox versions display minimal to no flickering or aliasing, while the PS2 version instantly gives away its limitations. Each one holds at a smooth 30 FPS, and there are several instances where breakaway cinematic scenes show off inspiring jump sections.

The car models are especially sleek looking too, and EA has added to its car modding menu professional pre-made designs specifically made for each car, so no two are alike. Also, for whatever dumb reason, on the PS2 the camera change option is located under the game option menu, as opposed to on-the-fly camera changing for the other systems. That feels like a mistake.

Word is that the Xbox 360 version will blow all the others away. Just have to waiter until November 22 to see if it really is as deferent as EA says it will be.

-data-

·
band
5,270 Posts
thats from IGN >__> but im wondering if this means the pc version is designed to be played 30fps as well. to me it seems like it because i didnt notice much change in speed when going from minimal details/res to 1280 and max...

im thinking of getting the xbox version of this one myself.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Katsuya said:
You might want to think about that...

-data-

Depending on which version you buy, you'll also receive a different technical set of visuals. The PC, GameCube, and Xbox versions display minimal to no flickering or aliasing, while the PS2 version instantly gives away its limitations. Each one holds at a smooth 30 FPS, and there are several instances where breakaway cinematic scenes show off inspiring jump sections.

The car models are especially sleek looking too, and EA has added to its car modding menu professional pre-made designs specifically made for each car, so no two are alike. Also, for whatever dumb reason, on the PS2 the camera change option is located under the game option menu, as opposed to on-the-fly camera changing for the other systems. That feels like a mistake.

Word is that the Xbox 360 version will blow all the others away. Just have to waiter until November 22 to see if it really is as deferent as EA says it will be.

-data-
Thx; I'll make sure to have a look before actually going with it. Still, the PC demo is a good indication I shouldn't be going with that version. It's playable on my system, but on 800x600 with medium visuals, and even then the framerate isn't what I'd want it to be.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I dont know, the PS2 demo seems good, the car models are nice looking, the action is nice,and I dint see anything wrong with the camera, the graphics are obviously are not as great as they could be on a pc or the 360 version. Still it seems like a worthwhile game.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
wow, the demo did not impress me at all. AT ALL. i played 1280x1024 at max details and i hovered high 20s to mid 30s fps (same as NFSU2 so no biggie). performance wise, it performs the same. but the controls are ass, and so is the GUI. the steering control is fudgy and the shifting/rev limits arent as smooth feeling as NFSU2.

but excusing the crapass controls that make even gentle turns difficult and police escapes very frustrating, the graphics suck. the whole game looks like one of those flashbacks from Boy Meets World. everything reminds me of what the world looks like when im drunk, really blurry and slow (especially when HDR shows up).

from the demo, this isnt worth a purchase it at all. i wouldn't even pirate this game, that's how much it turned me off. in trying to make "leet" new graphics..they really downgraded. sometimes, simple = better. try to tell EA that.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,624 Posts
why would they make the xbox360 version better than the pc when pc hardware will easily beat the 360 hardware within say 2-6 months if it hasnt already.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
NFS Most Wanted Demo is out!!

Im downloading it as we speak. Im getting it from here but this probably wont work for many of u:

http://gameover.files.sapo.pt/nfsmwdemo.exe

Its 550 MB btw.

Ill post some screenshots as soon asap xD

*edit* ahh crap, theres already a thread about it lol :p i searched in game discussion, but didnt notice misc screenshots

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.