Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well the graphics always sucked in the first place :p that said, are you sure it's not just the problem of the original game in the first place? or actually a graphics glitch?

try the "nice" preset in pete's OpenGL and a res of like 640x480...or perhaps try peops software GPU with the nice preset for true-to-PSX graphics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not just the problem of the original game
No... because I played it on real PS... here the graphics are so bad...
or actually a graphics glitch?
No, I tested all possible variants...
try the "nice" preset in pete's OpenGL and a res of like 640x480...
Yes, I tried this also...
peops software GPU with the nice preset for true-to-PSX graphics
I'am sorry, but I'am not understanding some ''not literature'' words, so, can you explain me what mean words "peops" (I think "people") and "preset" ?.. :emb:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I don't know if it is the correct form of the word but just remember it as Pete's Open Source Software plugin :p

Maybe he is referring to the lack of subpixel accuracy, which explains the 'jumpy' polygons in PSX games in general.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
which the real PS hides very well on the TVs :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I used this plugin and "nice" (before I used the older version), but the graphics didn't change... Simply, I have seen some squares in them... :(
Also I can connect my TV to PC, but it won't help :shockwhor
And Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU can't help me (I didn't used it before)?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well a software plugin will display it like original PSX graphics. post a screenshot (press F8 for a hardware plugin, press alt + printscreen for the software plugin)

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
you should save the pics in jpeg format, not bmp, that one you posted is so little i see nothing wrong with it

try the fast3d plugin, i remember having some jumpy textures problem before and it played them right, im just curious to see if it helps it

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
I just tried using both Pete's OpenGL and OpenGL2 plugins and both of them worked very well with High Stakes. There was noticeable polygon jumping but it was expected for the high resolution I was using (1600x1200) and it's a hardware limitation of the PSX anyways. Here's some pictures showing both OGL1 and 2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, so terrible picture, it isn't better that mine... oO
I'm really disillusioned about PSX emulators possibilities... :eyespin:
Shadow Lady
When can I download this fast3d plugin? ;)

Thanks to ALL for their help! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i hate to break it to you, but PSX emulation isn't miracle work. NFS:HS has crapass graphics on the PSX, and it's gonna have slightly improved, but still crappy, graphics on emulator. Pete's plugins don't turn PSX into Xbox 360..which would be nice, but yeah not gonna happen.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Maybe you should just get the PC version for 5 bucks :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cid Highwind
I decided it when I was writening my last post ;)
But I will receive it at least on 20.01.2006 because in Ukraine the normal version of it on PC is a raritet :(
And also I heard that PSX version is better...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.