Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new plugin wont let me save my changes. I cant put in frame limiting or go to full screen. I click on save after I made the changes but when I go back in and check, its set back to default. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I don't know the solution, but this should be in Misc PSX Emu discussion, so that's where I'm moving it.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by MC_Renzy
This new plugin wont let me save my changes. I cant put in frame limiting or go to full screen. I click on save after I made the changes but when I go back in and check, its set back to default. Any ideas?
Someone asked this question before.... I think the solution is to delete the settings for NextGL in the registry, and redo it again. Try doing a search on NextGL on this forum....

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I think that was the exact problem that was sorted out in in next gl 1.5g version.I think either nickk forget to correct in new version too or may be you will have to delete the registry key first.
It used to occur if you tried the plugin using epsxecutor or pcsx.
You can search the threads for more discussion about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I usually always search the threads for the info but none of what was said helped. I wanted to try this plugin on the only two games I have, ff9 and chrono trigger. Is this plugin any good for these games? It was just updated yesterday and I wanted to see how it would fare up against petes opengl. If its no good for the two games I've listed, please let me know so I dont waste anymore time trying to get it to work. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Um, hey. It'll probably be fixed sometime. I was just thinking that something really stupid is causing the problem (as usual) :D Oh well, I'll have to investigate later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ditto what MC_Renzy said. I'm running XP Pro RC-2. Yeah, yeah, I need to get the final version, I know :) Neither NextGL nor Next3D will remember their settings, whether I do it with epsxe or with epsxecutor.

Anyway, I tried twiddling around with the registry entries manually, but only with limited success. I could kind of get games running in full screen mode, but mainly I just got black screens and lock-ups, which could be due to a lot of things -- improper configuration not being the least :)

I would really like to be able to use NextGL or Next3D as they both sound like kick ar$e GPUs (no, I'm not British, it just sounded right). If he weren't already going open source, I'd recommend that you work with Pete to make the GPU to end all GPUs.

I couldn't hazard a guess at what is causing this, but I can tell you what it's not. It isn't a permissions problem because I'm running around with admin rights (which is crazy in its own respect, but oh well). And it doesn't seem to be a failure to write the settings to the registry. It's a little hard to tell, but it looks like the settings are written to the registry, but as soon as you bring up any of the configuration windows, it wipes them all out again. For example, if you configure "screen settings", those changes are written to the registry, but as soon as you open "frame limiting" the settings all go back to default. Moreover, it looks like there is an issue reading from the registry since the settings are all blank even though the default values should cause something to be checked or selected even if the settings are wiped out each time.

Well, I hope this helps. I'm really looking forward to getting to use this plugin some day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem with NextGL 1.6. I've played around with it a bit and i have gotten it to work by just editing the registry keys. It appears that when you try to change settings from the plugin's setup, it disables most things including the texture caches. I just deleted the NextGL registry entry and all keys, went to the nextgl config but didn't change anything. then i went in and edited the keys.

I have attached a Registy file with the keys i used. I use WinXP PRO tho so i dont' know if this file will not work on anything but?

It's basically NextGL's defualts with fullscreen enabled and 32 bpp.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by Tbone
And it doesn't seem to be a failure to write the settings to the registry. It's a little hard to tell, but it looks like the settings are written to the registry, but as soon as you bring up any of the configuration windows, it wipes them all out again. For example, if you configure "screen settings", those changes are written to the registry, but as soon as you open "frame limiting" the settings all go back to default. Moreover, it looks like there is an issue reading from the registry since the settings are all blank even though the default values should cause something to be checked or selected even if the settings are wiped out each time.

Well, I hope this helps. I'm really looking forward to getting to use this plugin some day.
Thanks for the info. I'll look at that soon :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts