Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* Important update for NextGL v1.5! *

I've recently fixed a bad configuration bug in NextGL that was causing some problems. This bug is still present in Next3D. The bug affects configuration in such a way that it will make it difficult (or impossible) to save configurations under PCSX or ePSXeCutor, for example. NextGL v1.5g fixes this bug. Download it here.

This release contains code that will automaticaly overwrite any potential bad configurations, but it is recommended that you delete the "NextGL" registry key if you're experiencing any problems.

Good night! :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by NickK
* Important update for NextGL v1.5! *

I've recently fixed a bad configuration bug in NextGL that was causing some problems. This bug is still present in Next3D. The bug affects configuration in such a way that it will make it difficult (or impossible) to save configurations under PCSX or ePSXeCutor, for example. NextGL v1.5g fixes this bug. Download it here.

This release contains code that will automaticaly overwrite any potential bad configurations, but it is recommended that you delete the "NextGL" registry key if you're experiencing any problems.

Good night! :)
Hey Nickk,
I hope thats what happened to me earlier(when you solved the problem with next 3d).I ran pcsx once and that problem appeared.AS you told earlier deleting the registry key solves it.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
hey i didnt know that my FAQ to SeKxx lighter emu made www.ngemu.com i thought its gone i'm so happyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

BTW hey Nikk why is your Plugin flashing is there any way to bypass it?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL
hey i didnt know that my FAQ to SeKxx lighter emu made www.ngemu.com i thought its gone i'm so happyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

BTW hey Nikk why is your Plugin flashing is there any way to bypass it?
Change buffer flipping mode to block transfer in your display properties.... I get the flashing thing if I set it to page flipping.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. The page flip setting doesn't have an effect for me, but I'll add it to the FAQ. I wonder if it'll work for FireGL? :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i'll try it

Nikk the game is tale of destiny 2 and GT2
Must be your video card's settings, because GT2 works fine for me :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by NickK
Cool. The page flip setting doesn't have an effect for me, but I'll add it to the FAQ. I wonder if it'll work for FireGL? :)
Hopefully... then I know it's not just my vid. card acting up :)
If I use page flip, your plugin flashes, and in Pete's plugins I don't get any of the swirly pre-battle effects (FF, CC, etc).

Block transfer fixes that.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
the block transfer sure fix some annoying flashing screen but some game dont

hey nikk heres some screen shot Castlevania SON,CMX2001, Silent Hill

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all game uses the same settings i check all the available setting on texture caching tab and set 16 on mem
Did you try to use all palettized textures? It looks like it might be dropping some, esp. with such a low texture cache size.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some of the other problems look game specific, I think. I'm not sure why you get half of a display on that other game. Which video card do you have?

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Did you try to use all palettized textures? It looks like it might be dropping some, esp. with such a low texture cache size.
i cant use palettized textures texture coz i use the once mighty old TNT2 chipset... any suggestion on texture caching? sorry i'm new in using your great potencial GPU plugin

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i cant use palettized textures texture coz i use the once mighty old TNT2 chipset... any suggestion on texture caching? sorry i'm new in using your great potencial GPU plugin
Well, you can use the video card's memory plus some system memory. For example, with my 32MB of VRAM and 192MB of system RAM. I usually set 64 for 16-bit textures and 128 for 32-bit textures.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I find it weird that the TNT2 can't do palettized textures seeing how it was created back in the day of Quake and Quake 2 :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts